New iva bank account advise

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Metrics

Post by Metrics » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:56 pm
At the start of an iva. I have debt with Barclaycard and I have been advised to open a bank account with Barclay's. To make me more nervous Barclays have opened a full account with no overdraft. Do you think I'll be OK with this. Don't want the hassle of moving all my direct debits for them to start taking payments for my credit card or cancelling the account?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:16 am
Hi,

You should be fine. I had a debt with Barclaycard and had already got a full account with Barclays and I had no problems at all.

Just to be on the safeside you could try and open another one with the Co-op (a cashminder) as a back up.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:11 pm
Hopefully you'll be ok but it is a good idea to have that second account in place just in case. That could come in handy just to put a few pennies away for a treat now and then.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:27 pm
We opened a basic account with Santander. They were really helpful.
IVA Completed August 2011

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:37 am
Although they share the name Barclay ... my understsanding is they rarely link up so it should be fine. Your batclaycard debt is included in your iva so should not be linked in anyway. If it were to be your IP should be able to help resolve this.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”