New Kitten??

17 posts Page 2 of 2

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:39 pm
I have 5 cats...each time I add one I worry that I may be pushing my luck.I added a puppy 4 months ago.Some of the cats are just coming round, but 3 of them vertually live in the upstairs parts of the house.They get plenty of excercise though as the dog chases them around and they have to leap over baby gates.They also get mental stimulation as they have to work out when the dog is lurking...which she does.They smack the dog quite alot too but they mustn't use claws as I have not seen blood shed.Yet!
I would add another cat and remain observant.Older cat would be dominant.Then they'll sort themselves out.All my cats are spade/neutured and this helps keep the agression down.They will all sleep together in couples, not as a huge pile of cats![:D]I think it's important to allow them lots of house space so they can find thier own comfort place.Good Luck,Catx

kal

Post by kal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:20 pm
Thanks Ladyh - I have spoken with dh and although he still says not, I do think he will come round.
He did say if we did get one, then one of the other cats had to go (he was joking!!!!)...but I said he would have to leave first (he THINKS I was joking...LOL!).
Like I said before I will wear him down!
k.
17 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “pets corner”