New Online Payment- Selecting 'Personal account', for an actual business account? What happens?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

flamingate

Post by flamingate » Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:22 pm
New Online Payment- Selecting 'Personal account', for an actual business account? What happens?

When Paying an somebody on a new internet transaction,

and then you set up their name, sort code, acc number you select their account as business or personal,

If their account to be paid is actually a business account but you select personal, and pay

then what happens?

(so you make your payment to them, but have selected personal account but it was actually a business account)

The sortcode and account number are fine and for an actual account

then what will happen after the 'pay' button is pressed?

1) the person will get the money anyway, which ever you chose.
Whichever you select, business or personal the person will receive their money anyway.

2) The money will Not go through, as the giving/receiving bank will recognize it is Not a personal account but is a business account

3) It depends on which bank it is ?

4) something else?

and if you select business account, and pay there, will they get the same amount of money received? or there will be a deduction due to business fee?

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:30 am
My guess is 3) It depends on the bank ..... but, I am also guessing that this whole process is for account matching and verification so the sender knows (hopes) the money is going to the right person and that the money will still arrive at the desired account, whether business or personal.

Being the cynic that I am, when setting up a transfer to a new account, I always send a tenner first - make sure that gets where I hope it is going and, only after confirming this with the payee, then transferring the rest.
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:00 pm
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:30 amBreezy wrote:
My guess is 3) It depends on the bank ..... but, I am also guessing that this whole process is for account matching and verification so the sender knows (hopes) the money is going to the right person and that the money will still arrive at the desired account, whether business or personal.

Being the cynic that I am, when setting up a transfer to a new account, I always send a tenner first - make sure that gets where I hope it is going and, only after confirming this with the payee, then transferring the rest.
a tenner? You must be minted as I send a quid max 😂😂

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:15 pm
Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:00 pmMrs_Brown wrote:
a tenner? You must be minted as I send a quid max 😂😂
Long term ex-IVA'er ..... never been richer :lol: :lol:
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”