New Relationships

27 posts Page 1 of 2

dots

Post by dots » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:08 am
This message is really spurred on by some post exchanges on another thread recently, but feel it might justify a thread of its own as it does not relate to the natural thread.

This is written in mind of those, just like myself, who may have reservations approaching someone you like but concerned that you will lose them if they found out you have serious debt issues. I have reflected on this very hard lately, as in one case of conversation on here in particular has struck me to really take stock.

I have considered for so long that just to let time go by and refrain from introducing myself to someone I like, in case I lose them once they find out what I am in middle of. It is at first point easy for someone to say that it doesn't matter because if they really like you, then they will understand. Well, although I have felt it awkward to think to raise as not only feel embarrassed, but also when you are actually trying to IMPRESS on someone new, the bottle will just go, but I now have a fresher frame of mind having read some posts here.

I am not a sexist person, and so although I understand that in the human chain of tradition, that the man is the hunter/gatherer/provider, I also would never expect that it is justified in modern society, so if I find interest in a woman, then I should not worry that I have to be the one to provide, but to share equal living. My only trait on all this is my natural instinct to pay for everything and let my partner free of worry, but then again hence some of the reason I am in this financial predicament now... just too generous! I cannot afford to be generous now and so humbled by the IVA control. This should not stop me from being happy though... Life is too short and I am getting older and missing one of life's treasured emotions, so I now consider this...

If like our lovely forum member, you find someone you like, but worry that they will turn their back on you if they find out your situation... Pass that thought by... Take in mind that they just do not need to know upfront in detail... After all, the first instinct of attraction is wanting to get to know that person because you want to... you will not be sitting at the table discussing finances, you will be discussing love and emotions... Yes, you might mention that your budget is tight as you have some financial commitments that will be over in X years... consider it at first point that it is a means tested loan you are repaying as after all that is what it is. It takes time for a relationship to build into something substantial that you will need to move in together or tie the knot, but that is so far in the future. In all this time, either the IVA may be over, but foremost and most importantly, the one that loves you will love you for who you are and if they are genuine, then they will understand and help to support whatever remaining IVA time you have.

So... Debs... Go get him!

Gordon

If it is something you cannot see... contact your IP!

Try to develop the present to change the future that will enhance new memories of the past... It is not what we have done wrong, but what we are doing to our future from now on that counts... So... Count on the future by doing what we have not done wrong already

www.thedotdots.com
Outreaching World Concerns
Last edited by dots on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:28 am
Very well put Dots!

Life is full of opportunities and although you might feel that it is not the best time to grab the opportunity if you miss it that might not be another chance! You have one shot at life and more importantly being happy so just go for it as you don't know until you do.

Carpe Diem!!!

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:58 pm
Ciamar a tha sibh?
( How are you ? )

Single Dad with teeneogre ,
age 54,
Marriage 2 - Divorce 2,
bankrupt,
about to lose his home,
multilingual ( English and Scots ),
own hair and teeth.

Seeks suitably impressed female to share life with ..

Oh yeah like thats going to work lol.

A once a month treat is a chinese take away with my daughter, theres no way I can afford to wine/dine entertain someone.

We are all doomed I tell you .. doomed

Slainte Mhath
Mish
xx
Early Discharge is not an illness !

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:00 pm
LOL Mish![:D]

R1chard

Post by R1chard » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:56 pm
lol - you dont need money to do romantic stuff..

best date ive ever had was a walk around the local nature reserve, pic nic.. then a ride on a pedal boat..

but suppose once a relasonship is established then you need abit of spare cash to do things - but they dont have to be expensive...

58 PAYMENTS TO GO..
lots of payments to go.

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:17 pm
Mish you sound a real catch mate!!!! I agree with Richard you don't need money to do romantic stuff, but what if you aint got the dosh to actually leave your front door to meet anyone! If I tried strolling round my local park trying to attract the odd single male dog walker, then my housing problem may be solved as I'd probably be banged up for soliciting!!!! Still... it's a thought!!!!!!!

jpj

Post by jpj » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 pm
The funny thing is the people we are looking to date are probably more in debt than ourselves!! (as ours is managed,under control,and theres a light at the end of the tunnell!!)
I used to find it funny (just before my IVA, when i was up to my eyes in it,and panicking) that I would get beggars coming up to me in London asking for a £ !! There was me, over a hundred grand in debt,and there was the tramp probably not owing a penny to anyone!
You never know whos got what, and when dating, if someone wants to take a few moments to get to know you (the same way I would ask the beggars if they were ok and give them a moment) then your date should take you at face value,and not your wallet value!

Maybe we need a frugal friends club AND a frugal dating club!!? LOL

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:19 pm
Awww thanks BrassicLintus ... chuck me a line and wind me in ... he he .

Im looking forward to reaching 60 - only 6 years to go - when I get my free bus pass, so I can take days off work and go on free bus trips to the seaside to chat up the birds .. b***** seagulls !

The bloke that sells the Big Issue down town has been telling me all the good spots to kip in over night - he reckons a tent in the graveyard is pretty good .. well come on back to my place darling .. lol

All joking aside I'd love to meet up with someone, don't care if they have no money but in shear practical terms its near enuff impossible, everyone in my local social club is too busy looking at the stuff on the shelves .. dontcha love late night shopping at Tescos .. ;-)

Slainte
Mish

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 am
But Mish have you not spotted the potential of late night shopping in Tescos...you can conga up the aisles with no-one to get in your way!!!

Lou

R1chard

Post by R1chard » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:15 am
if i met sumone and tbhey decided they didnt want to date me because of the money situation then id be glad as id hate to date a girl who was money driven...

the best things in life are free.

but i do agree .. kinda hard to meet sumone if u cant never afford to go out!

58 PAYMENTS TO GO..
lots of payments to go.

louisa.s

Post by louisa.s » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:19 pm
not sure if anyone has come across the following dating site but it is free!

www.freedating.co.uk

Lou x

PS Forgot to mention that as it is free it is also IVA/BR friendly now theres something you don't see everyday!!!
Last edited by louisa.s on Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neil277

Post by neil277 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:39 pm
Hi

Well we are all in the same boat perhaps there is a dating site for people in I.V.A'S.
Of course money is very important in life but if someone likes you or loves you then money is never the issue. Before i started my I.V.A i was always shouting abuse at Tony Blair, it was my wife who told me go and join Political Party.

Two years later my wife and i are still members I'm moving forward and my wife will have a 10 hour per month job doing the local parties bookkeeping which does pay a small fee.(Not the party we are both members of)

I understand some people say sell goods on Ebay but with Ebay you have to spend money to make money, yes some people can earn very good money but for me this is why we are in this situation in the first place.

If it was not for my wife who is a good saver and decides what is right and what is wrong, where would i be today, so if you like someone and they like you then money is never an issue, time passes and if you find your life passing you by, then debate with family not with friends then decide what is best for you.

Life is never simple and even today every step for my wife and i is one hurdle after another but this is life, even if you have money.

In life they have a saying good things come to them who wait.

Regards.

Neil

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:50 pm
[:D]

Hey I found a new site to meet people on, seem to be a friendly bunch and as Im one of the younger members Im getting a few messages .

It's a pretty exclusive site, they dont just let anyone join...

welcome to SagaZone ... LMAO ... jeez I'm getting old [:I]

slainte
Mish

Will an automatic discharge hurt.

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:14 pm
Mish1953 - Your posts always make me laugh. I am shocked with your personality that you haven't got yourself a lady! Get yourself out there - LOL

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:38 pm
Talking of Saga.
We had a very unfortunate incident here recently.
A coach load of ladies on a Saga day out were caught in the crossfire between police and an armed gang robbing a post office.
One of the more senior ladies was struck by a stray bullet, hitting her just below her left breast.
They took her to hospital and were able to remove the bullet from her thigh.

I thank you.

Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
(7 down, 53 to go)
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.
27 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”