New to forum

23 posts Page 1 of 2

huddo64

Post by huddo64 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:15 am
Hi all. I am new to the forum and I am in the process of setting up an IVA with Vincent Bond. Any help and advice would be much appreciated. I am a very proud man, always paying my bills on time, albeit the minimum payments, leaving me little or nothing to live on. After being advised to stop making payments to my creditors, I'm left feeling physically sick with worry. But I'm also making myself ill the way I am currently living my life, constantly robbing Peter to Pay Paul and borrowing money of friends and family just to live. I think I am just looking for some reassurance that I am doing the right thing.

Any comments will be much appreciated.
0 months down
60 months to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. Rest assured that you are doing the right thing. We've all felt the same as you.

You have picked a good company in VB and of course the forum is here for any advice and support you may need.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

huddo64

Post by huddo64 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:45 am
Thanks kallis3. The fact you mention VB is a good company has eased my mind a little. I've heard many negative comments about about IVA companies, I was worried I had picked the wrong one.
0 months down
60 months to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:48 am
They are a well respected firm and Andy Davies who is administrator on here works for them.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:11 pm
Hi Huddo64
Welcome from me too. I feel sure you have made the right decision from what you say, and it will certainly give you an end to aim for, leaving your juggling behind. It won't be an easy road however nothing good was ever achieved easily. Do keep posting and let us know how you get on, anonymity on the forum is amazing when you can share your highs and lows...
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:15 pm
I hate the phrase robbing peter to pay paul.

I havent had a bean out of anyone that said it!!!

Paul

Oh and welcome to the forum!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kev59

Post by kev59 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:55 pm
plasticdaft wrote:

I hate the phrase robbing peter to pay paul.

I havent had a bean out of anyone that said it!!!

Paul

Oh and welcome to the forum!!
That because before you get it, we rob,
paul to pay peter, then go into a IVA[:D]
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:02 pm
welcome huddo64
yes you have done the right thing in stopping the rot.you will be in safe hands and will feel a whole lot better when your iva starts.just hang in there at this stage as it is tense with not knowing how things are done but you will be fine.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

huddo64

Post by huddo64 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 am
I've just sent my last piece of paperwork to VB so now it's a case of playing the waiting game. Thanks for all your support, and Paul, I'm sorry, when I rob Peter, there are many waiting in line for payment that none actually reaches you. (I'm starting to get my sense of humour back, this is a good sign)
0 months down
60 months to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:29 am
Shouldn't be long now until you get something sorted out.
Bob Marley.

huddo64

Post by huddo64 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:33 am
Will VB start acting straight away? or do they wait for my first payment to them, which is not due until the end of October
0 months down
60 months to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 am
They will be sorting through your paperwork now to get it all together. I imagine that once the first payment is received they will be getting in touch with an IP to put the proposal together.

Hopefully Andy Davie will be around later to explain as I don't know how their process works.
Bob Marley.

huddo64

Post by huddo64 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:42 am
Thanks. I'm just hoping my proposal goes through ok, I don't think I could handle a kick back.
0 months down
60 months to go

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am
VB wouldn't be suggesting it unless they thought there was a good chance of it being accepted.

Cannot remember the last time we read about a rejection on here.
Bob Marley.

dawng1

Post by dawng1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm
Hi Huddo64. Welcome to you. I just had a post off you yesterday with advice for me. Thanks. Me and my husband are just at the thought stage. I will be ringing a couple of firms tomorrow. What do you actually need to get ready for this? Do you need all the figures ready to tell them? Hope yours goes well for you. It is so easy to get in debt but so hard to get out of it. It doesnt make us bad people for needing a little help. I want to try get an account opened up for this month and get the ball rolling.
Dawn
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”