New to forum

23 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Hi Dawn,

Just speak to the firms initially and give them a rough idea of your figures. When you decide which company to use they will tell you what they need paperwork wise.

It shouldn't take long to get things sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

dawng1

Post by dawng1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:12 pm
So Kallis3. Would it be ok to stop payin creditors now and get the new bank account open or do we need to wait until someone has took our case on.
What did you do Huddo64?
Dawn

dawng1

Post by dawng1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:15 pm
What paperwork do they need?
Dawn

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 pm
You can stop paying your creditors now if you wish, or make an offer of a token payment.

Either way, they will probably be on the phone asking for money.

Get a company sorted soon.

They will need latest statements from creditors, probably a mortgage redemption statement (if you are a homeowner) and an income and expenditure form and please make sure you put down everything you spend.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 am
Have VB told you which IP firm they are going to be referring you to Dawn?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

huddo64

Post by huddo64 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:11 am
Hi Dawn
It took me a couple of months and a lot of deep thought, after contacting VB, before taking the plunge. Initially, I sent in rough figures of income and expenditure to VB. They replied that an IVA would be the best course of action. They then sent me an information pack that included a draft proposal, statement of affairs, background statement etc. Including information of how an IVA works. I had to complete and sign this paperwork and send it back to VB along with 3 months worth of bank statements and wage slips, also the latest statements from my creditors and proof of rent. I have a printer and scanner, so all this was done via email, so no waiting for the postman. You also have an advisor assigned to your case who is always on the end of a phone (during working hours) Although worrying, I found this process quite simple. I have applied for cashminder account with Co-op and find out today if I have been accepted, I'll let you know how I get on.
Melanie, Dawn hasn't approached a company yet, it's me that has contacted VB, and no I haven't been assigned an IP yet.
0 months down
60 months to go

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 am
Welcome to the forum from me as well - you have now started on your IVA journey and before you know it a creditors date will be set and you will be one step closer to a debt free life.

keep posting your questions on the forum and we will support you as best we can - questions will come up and all times of the day and night and normally there is someone not too far away from their keyboard even during the night !

Good luck and stay in touch !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

craigiewicked1

Post by craigiewicked1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:25 am
Hi, I was exactly yhe same,worried till i was sick to the stomach, now i am nearly 2 years in and so far so good, i have learned so much, about how to spend money and budget, I think it has been a hard but good lesson for me to learn. good luck mate
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”