New to this

11 posts Page 1 of 1

sobroke

Post by sobroke » Fri May 30, 2008 5:58 pm
Hi I'm new to this. My husband and I are in the process of pursuing an IVA. We have borrowed through university and just kept paying off old debt with new and living on credit. We've just had a baby girl and it's made us realise we can't go on as we are. So fingers crossed our IVA will succeed. We've got 67000 debt quit a lot with HSBC and NR yuk! But we can offer 40p in the £. No we've just got to sign the proposal an wait and see. I'm on maternity leave and look at the forum nearly every day I just wanted to say with all our debt problems this forum has really given me hope. Thanks.

Lou

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Fri May 30, 2008 6:08 pm
Hi sobroke. welcome to the forum. i am also so pleased i found this site, the advise is fab. My OH IVA went through in april but my part was rejected. not all over though, am in a DMP and with this site i dont worry any more, i ask questions and they are answered so i feel informed and calm. 40p/£ sounds good so best of luck with everything and a fresh start.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Fri May 30, 2008 6:19 pm
Hi Lou (sobroke),
Good luck with your IVA. I'm new to the site too - my IVA was approved in April. This site and the people on it are amazing - they've helped me help - personal and medical probs - and potentially saved my life. All I can offer is friendship and support (not experienced enough yet to have any advice), but I want to help others any way I can as I've been helped so much.
Chardonnay x
Chardonnay

kal

Post by kal » Fri May 30, 2008 6:40 pm
Hi Lou,
Welcome to the forum - I have just paid my 3rd month of the IVA, and honestly say that it seems to be the best move made.
This forum is great for sound advise, and people in the same situation to chat to.
My main creditor is NR, and they approved and have been fine...so fingers crossed for you too.
k.

rockbottom

Post by rockbottom » Fri May 30, 2008 6:46 pm
HI Lou

welcome to the forum, congrats on your little cherub, well done for facing up to your debt aswell i think thats the hardest part, i think i am about to go down the iva route aswell after much head in sand stuff, its this forum that has given me the courage to pull my head out of the sand.

goodluck
rb

e.h

Post by e.h » Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 pm
Hi Sobroke

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum. Well done on taking steps to resolve your debt problems. I think it is the right thing to do especially with your baby girl arriving - by the time she is ready to start school (sorry, don't want to wish the time away for you) you will have put all your debt worries behind you. You have certainly come to the right place, I just wished I had found this forum before begining my IVA. I have learned so much from it.

Keep us posted on how you are getting on.

Liz
x

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Fri May 30, 2008 7:41 pm
Hi and welcome

No advise just wanted to say hi

Kirsty
Kirsty

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm
Hi from bonnie scotland. This place is full of great advice and even better people,who are only too willing to listen,advise,or just bat ideas off. If you cant get an answer to any question on this site then its not worth answering.
Well done for facing up to your problems.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri May 30, 2008 8:38 pm
Hi sobroke

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say good luck. As others have said 40p looks a good dividend.

Keep in touch with the forum, and let us know how you are getting on we're all here to help and support you.

Debbie
Debbie

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 pm
I just wanted to welcome you too.
I hope you have found as much comfort from this forum as the rest of us have.
Good luck xxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:42 pm
ours was accepted at 41p in £.. good luck with everything
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”