New Year Resolution, start that diet (again !!)

176 posts Page 9 of 12

jayne

Post by jayne » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:25 pm
Hi all lost 2 llbs this week - not done well with the exercise tho !!

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 pm
Well done jayne[:)] on your loss this week, I also have not done well with starting the exercise thing which I know is so important[:I]

Louiseh - Never to late to join and well done on your loss[:)] but not so nice lossing it through ilness though[:(], hope you feel better now[:)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:12 am
Very well done guys. Keep up the good work. I have been the opposite for the past year trying to put a bit of weight on. I did put on 2lbs but unfortunately its gone again.

mrs skint
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 pm
Good luck with putting on the weight Mrs Skint.

I finally made it to the gym today - 15 minutes on the bike and 15 on the treadmill. I started running today but I couldn't manage the full 20 minutes - I started to feel sick as I don't think I left enough time between breakfast and the run!

I'm either off to legs bums and tums or the gym again on Tuesday - I hope I manage to lose something this week!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:12 pm
I know the weigh in is Thursday but I measure Mondays as it my afternoon off... Ive lost another 2 1/2 inches this week so thats 12 altogether only 2 lb in weight though[:(]. Gonna stick with slimmers world this wk and see if I can give it a kick start!!

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:59 pm
Becky

12 inches thats great [:D][:D]

Don't forget that if you are doing exercise as well as dieting that muscle weighs more than fat so measuring is more accurate than weighing yourself

Don't get down hearted and keep going[:)]
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:12 pm
Thanks Emma , Im just losing my motivation a bit , I'll keep perservering though x

aguise

Post by aguise » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:14 pm
Its the inches I want to lose Becky. I am finding it hard to go out walking every day, I just had to force myself. Keep going mate you are doing well.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Well done Becky, that's really good. Like Aguise I want to lose inches and tone up - I don't really mind what I weigh, just as long as long as it's a bit firmer!

You're doing really well. I'm off to the gym again tomorrow night to try running again - wish me luck as my legs (and ribs for some reason!) are still aching from yesterday!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

spenmotherhen

Post by spenmotherhen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:01 am
Fantastic news Becky!!!

You must look at all the inches you have lost, that in its self is a great motivation. Your body is going through a new process and the weight will adjust.

You are a great inspiration to others on this thread to keep going.

Keep up the good work, you are doing great!!

BECKY

Post by BECKY » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:14 pm
Thanks guys feel much better about my weight today. Just checkin my emails then im off to do my dvd again!!
Good luck with Skippy , your legs will stop hurting when u get used to it , I could hardly sit down after the first 2 times I did my dvd!!

johnz

Post by johnz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:45 pm
Not sure this counts, but heho[:D]

I haven't been dieting or working out, for reasons previously explained, but have lost 1.5lbs due to prescription drug side effects.

Hey, it's a loss. I'm not complaining[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Johnz
Johnz

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:10 pm
Well done Johnz!

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't make it to the gym tonight - I've had a bad day at work and I've now got a sore throat and a bunged up nose. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to anything nasty!

spenmotherhen

Post by spenmotherhen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:10 pm
HI Skippy

You will experience some aches after exercising, this is called DOMS - Delayed Onset Of Muscle Soreness. Basically its where you have put muscles through something they are not usually used to during everyday life - such as beginning running.

The good news is that your body responds to this and will repair itself, so after each session you will soon feel little or no pains or aches.

Be sure to cool down and warm up as this will prevent any injuries.

It is also important to rest as your muscles will need time to recover and repair.

Sorry if I am rambling on teaching you to suck eggs!! I get quite excited about training, yes I am quite sad and I really do need to get a life lol!!

Good luck hope you feel better soon.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:21 pm
Thanks Spenmotherhen - all advice welcome!

The training is on hold at the moment as the sore throat has got worse and I feel more like laying on the sofa looking pathetic! Seriously, am I ok to exercise if I've got a cold as I've heard different things?

Fingers crossed it won't come to anything, in which case I'm going on Friday night.

176 posts Page 9 of 12
Return to “weight watchers club”