Newbie Budget Help

5 posts Page 1 of 1

snowball1

Post by snowball1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:49 am
Hi guys I am trying to sort out a budget to present to possible IVA company and could do with some help.

How much is the max you are allowed to put aside for everything? such as...

* Internet
* Mobile telephone
* Housekeeping (food & toiletries)
* Clothing and footwear
* Public transport
* Car repairs & servicing
* Medical expenses
* Optical expenses
* Dental expenses
* Laundry & dry cleaning
* Hairdressing
* Pocket money
* Newspapers
* Sundries and emergencies
* Meals at work

Hope someone can help?

Thanks

[:)]

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:31 am
morning-nice to see another insomniac-go to cccs website-fill out their budget sheet and if you go over the amount suggested by them this will flash up at the side.
also beatmydebt.com have a full budgeting sheet that lets you know maximum allowances without having to input details-you can print this one off and add your own figures to it which is useful when contacting companies.
Hope that helps-do shop around companies until you are confident with one-maybe look at some of the companies that post on here-they all have brilliant feedback.
Good luck and try and get some sleep!!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

snowball1

Post by snowball1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:16 am
andrea1968 wrote:

morning-nice to see another insomniac-go to cccs website-fill out their budget sheet and if you go over the amount suggested by them this will flash up at the side.
also beatmydebt.com have a full budgeting sheet that lets you know maximum allowances without having to input details-you can print this one off and add your own figures to it which is useful when contacting companies.
Hope that helps-do shop around companies until you are confident with one-maybe look at some of the companies that post on here-they all have brilliant feedback.
Good luck and try and get some sleep!!!!
Thanks for that andrea, beatmydebt.com... cracking site[:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:30 am
I would certainly give one or two companies a ring - visit www.iva.com for a list of companies and reviews. The advice will be free and impartial.

What we usually say with your expenditure is to put down what you spend. They can only say no or lower it.

Personally I don't claim for newspapers as we only have one on a Sunday so I didn't bother.

Just done my annual review and was told that I could claim no more than £30 for meals at work. I think hairdressing is £12.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 am
I've not looked at those sites Andrea but they sound helpful and will bookmark them for reference.

I agree with Kallis do put down everything you spend as they are only guidelines. A prospective IP can discuss with you the expenditure sheet in detail. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”