7 posts Page 1 of 1

Dee.cg

Post by Dee.cg » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:45 pm
Hi ALL

On the IVA form to see if you qualify, just at the side of this forum.... I put that I had £200 to spare each month , but when I was told an IVA would be for me It stated a monthly payment of £540, which I clearly couldnt afford.

Any advice would be great.....Thanks

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 pm
The best thing to do would be to speak to some of the companys on this site to get a better idea of what you could realistically expect to pay. In addition they will explain the other (if any) options that are available to you.
IVA Completed August 2011

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:03 pm
Hi Dee. Every IVA is individual to suit your needs. I filled out the calculator and it also came up with a higher figure than we are paying. My advice to you is to check out www.iva.com and contact 2 or 3 people from there to have an informal chat (free and impartial). They will be able to give you an idea as to whether an IVA is appropriate for you.

Good luck - keep posting to let us know how you get on.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 pm
You'd be amazed the difference in figures when you actually speak to a professional.

Give one or two a ring as recommended above.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Dee.cg

Post by Dee.cg » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:15 pm
Dee.cg wrote:

Hi ALL

On the IVA form to see if you qualify, just at the side of this forum.... I put that I had £200 to spare each month , but when I was told an IVA would be for me It stated a monthly payment of £540, which I clearly couldnt afford.

Any advice would be great.....Thanks
Thanks guys for your advice..feel a bit sick with it all, but your forum sounds hopeful :-))

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 pm
It is natural to feel sick throughout this process... I just couldn't see an end in sight at all. I cried all through the initial phone interview, through pure shame and humiliation. If anything, the members of this forum are living proof, that we can overcome this and come out the other side.

I am sure there will be a light at the end of the tunnel for you.
IVA Completed August 2011

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:44 pm
Hi Dee. I was in your position 4 months ago. Between us we had over £80,000 debt. Found the forum and everyone gave me the courage to make the 1st contact with someone (which I did by email!!). I spent a few weeks getting used to the idea and our IVA was approved on 21st June. Since then, I sleep at night, I don't worry about opening mail and all the guilt and shame has gone.
Once you get things underway, although you will still be scared and nervous that it won't be approved, you begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”