Next Frugal Friends Meeting - Bradford, 12th July

185 posts Page 9 of 13

joanne_t

Post by joanne_t » Wed May 28, 2008 11:23 am
We live about 30 mins from leeds so that would be great for us.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu May 29, 2008 1:53 am
Would be great to see both of you, and especially to get an update on the progress of those lovely little girls, James. Just pop over for an hour if you can!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:59 am
You know when you go on a course and the tutor asks everyone to stand up and say a little bit about themselves, do you have to do that in the frugal friends meeting?! I clam up if I have to speak infront of lots of people![:I] Just wondered, sorry for a probably silly question! Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 am
Absolutely not! The meetings are like a group of old mates meeting up for a few drinks, and you will receive a very warm welcome, from Andy, myself and the other regular attenders. If you are nervous to walk into the hotel on your own, one of us can arrange to meet you outsider if you like - our regular nicotine queens Ang and Emma are usually hanging around outside anyway!!

The meetings are very relaxed, and I am sure that you would benefit from meeting everyone Viki, and of course I would love to meet you - we need to do that in any case, so could combine the visit and have our one to one meeting about your IVA first? Let me know what you think.
Last edited by MelanieGiles on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 am
Not at all Vicki its very relaxed. You can just sit and listen if you want. Its more like meeting friends at he pub and having a general chat about things. Stop worrying and come along, everyone is friendly.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:15 am
That doesnt sound good Melanie ang and emma are hanging around outside lol Very true though. ( we like a ciggie vicki)
You can always have my mobile and I will come to meet you no problem.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:36 am
Ah thank you Melanie and Ang, I would love to come and as my business affairs may have concluded by then I would actually be free on a Saturday night!

I was just a bit worried as I am really shy (not on here, obviously!)

Melanie, that is a very good idea, it would obviously suit me but how awful, you giving up your Saturday for work....again!

Viki X

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:49 am
It's not really work - more social than work - and I do intend to have a few drinks myself that night as I am staying over in Bradford.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:16 am
I wish we could come - we really enjoyed the Portsmouth meeting. It's just too far for us - hopefully we'll be at the next one though!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:23 pm
I think we are doing the South East next Skippy - can you suggest a location which would be convenient for everyone in London and the Home Counties - and close to the motorway and rail networks? Hopefully this will take place in September, after the kids are back at school.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 pm
It depends on what area of the South East you are thinking of, but I had a look on the Premier Inn website and came up with either Slough, Guildford or Woking.

Slough is probably the easiest to get to as it's close to the motorway and according to the website the station is within walking distance. It has a restaurant as part of the hotel whereas the others are next door, which could prove a problem on a Saturday night, especially Woking which has a Beefeater and a small car park. All 3 have free onsite parking.

Hope this helps!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm
Slough is a good choice and fairly simple to get to. We will consider that a bit nearer the time, but thanks for looking.

TREES57

Post by TREES57 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:06 pm
Hi all not sure about work commitments at the mo but we would like to come,also depends what happens on Friday at our creditors meeting and whether we could afford to travel/stay up there.The Portsmouth one was fantastic and we definately want to attend more xx
CAN'T BUY ME LOVE !!

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:49 pm
A lovely ex boyfriend of mine lives in Slough ... maybe I could look him up at the same time [:)]

Viki ... do come to the Bradford meeting if you can ... it really is a lovely friendly evening.

Debbie
Debbie

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:00 pm
Hey Debbie,

I am 99% sure that I'm coming. The only problem I have is that I might still have the restaurant and it would be impossible to take a Saturday night off. There's a bit of "stuff" going on at the mo which is holding everything up (not me) so it's touch and go whether I'll be out by then.

If it's all go then hopefully hubby will be coming too, otherwise you'll all have to look after little old me.[:I] Whenever I'm on the forum hubby whistles the tune from the Red Hand Gang and calls us the "Frugal Friends Gang".[:D][:D]

Can't wait to meet you all. X
185 posts Page 9 of 13
Return to “past frugal friends meetings”