Nintendo Wii

168 posts Page 1 of 12

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 pm
Help! I've been given some Argos vouchers for Christmas and I'm thinking of hanging onto them until my birthday and getting a Wii. The only problem is I'm confused by what I need to buy with it!

I know it comes with one remote and one nunchuck controller, so will I need to buy another one of each so that Dave and I can play against each other?

I've also seen that some of them come with a motion plus controller - is this instead of the remote and nunchuck or as well as?

I know a few of you have got Wii's, so I thought I'd ask on here - I doubt Argos will be a lot of help, and I don't want to be sold things I don't need!

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 pm
Hi Skippy we've had a wii for a couple of years now and got the wii fit...

We've got two controllers and nunchucks, we only personally use the nunchucks for the boxing game we have, controllers are obviously for all games.

We do play 4 people bowling but just swap over handsets between us so it does work but I guess ideally we'd have one each.

We do love it but it's one of those things it's been put away and needs getting out and dusting off!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 pm
You just need the wii, 2 wii remotes 2 wii nunchucks n a wii remote docking charging station.
The wii motion plus remote is instead of the normal wii remote n to be honest the normal wii remote are fine n less expensive.

You dont really need the sports kit (with the tennis bats etc) as they are just to enhance play n the remote does everything anyway.
The nunchucks are only needed for some games.

One game that is a must is Mario Kart (with free wheel) It is so addictive we will never part with it n loads of fun!
The wii play game comes with a free remote -so you get a game n remote in one price.

Ive had the wii fit but never got the time n sold it b4 xmas - but its is very good!

We love our Wii n wont part with it!! When your ready to get one - I will help you find a good deal if you like - Lyns
Im great at finding bargains n picking good deals ;-)
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:15 pm
We bought an extra controller and nunchuck for ours. We use the nunchuck for archery (at which I am rubbish!)

Love the tenpin bowling though!

Just waiting for daughter to buy the Wii fit and I'll be well away!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:19 pm
Thanks all! I'm trying to convince Dave that we need one so that he'll pay half - there's a couple of months to my birthday so hopefully I can work my magic by then!
Last edited by Skippy on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 pm
Even my hubby loves it and he didn't think he would!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:42 pm
If you do get one,, get one with the motion plus,, some of the newer games wont work without it, & the newer wiis should come with the motion plus anyway but worth checking.
The skiing slalom & ski jumping is good fun,,as is the flying bird one landing on targets,, great fun.
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:47 pm
Blonde question - do I need the motion plus and the remote, or just the motion plus and the nunchuk?

Sorry this is hard work, you must think I'm really thick!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:48 pm
Ooo I love temping bowling too - we were all playing that when family where round this Christmas!

Didnt know that about the wii motion plus controller - learn something new every day!!

Skippy - no - one or the other I believe!!!
The motion plus controller is the same as the normal one - just better with some games that are just out. Not a blond Question at all hun x[:)]
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:54 pm
My dad was chuffed to death last week when he beat hubby at bowling![:D]
Bob Marley.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:05 pm
I cant play it for real but on the Wii I do quite well!!
Mario Kart is great fun too - wont part with that game!

Lyns x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:47 pm
Wouldn't be without ours - it is bound to get a hammering tonight with my friends round for dinner.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:53 pm
I don't do too bad with real ten pin as long as the bumpers are up!

I have no doubt we will play tomorrow night as parents will still be here and dad will want a rematch!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:00 pm
I might get mine out tomorrow, we've got the Christmas Tree in front of the cupboard it's in at the minute but all this talk is making me want to have a go!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:13 pm
Our tree will be down tomorrow! Over for another year thank goodness!
Bob Marley.
168 posts Page 1 of 12
Return to “friends corner”