No 12 month review

7 posts Page 1 of 1

oskiee6

Post by oskiee6 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 am
I waited for a call regarding my 12 month review at the end of Feb but no call. I did post earlier about my income staying the same and my outgoings going up. I have now recieved a letter with a 12 month statement. It also shows how much my creditors have been paid (in most cases nothing). There is one sentence:

"Following a review of the debtors income and expenditure no increase in contributions has been requested at this time".

They must know by looking at my documents that I need a reduction. Is this how some companies carry out reviews ?
oskiee

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:54 am
Not sure oskiee6, but I would have thought you'd have had contact at least with one of the staff of your IP? might be worth giving them a call and asking to fill in a fresh I&E form to show your increased outgoings. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 am
I would imagine they are working on the "no news is good news" assumption. Having not heard from you, they are assuming nothing has changed.

Many IP's are pro-active and will approach you as review time draws near. However, strictly speaking, this is your IVA and your proposal, not that of the IP. You must do some of the driving.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:28 pm
You should have to put in a new I&E every year and have some sort of conversation/mail from your IP company.

I would give them a ring tomorrow to tell them you need some help as your expenditure has gone up.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

howard07

Post by howard07 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 pm
RSM Tenon used to send out all the bumf annually and on time to me, with a request to return it with this that and the other within about a fortnight. They never missed, and they never put me under adverse pressure. they worked out my new contribution and i had a full breakdown to see how the figure had arrived at. They never had me too stretched, never easy but always manageable. They also never moaned if i didnt have one or two of the docs they requested either, they just got on with it and left me alone.
IVA completed 15-3-2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 am
We completed our review a couple of weeks ago but have not yet had the annual report - I imagine it will be here soon. So far we have been very lucky as our payments have not increased.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:25 pm
People should realise that ip's and caseworkers are there to ensure a smooth running iva returns what is affordable to creditors. Do not be afraid to contact your ip if things are becoming unmanageable. You don't have to wait for an annual review to tell them your expenses are up!

They aren't monsters and can't help if you say nothing.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”