no means of paying

3 posts Page 1 of 1

ana

Post by ana » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:34 am
i have at least £65,000 worth of debt and no means of paying .iam now being chased by my credit card companys etc,i have no assets to protect can and should i go bancrupt and how ?

accgroup

Post by accgroup » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:23 am
Hi Ana

Bankruptcy is definitely an option for you to think about - the only thing which puts people off bankruptcy is that they may lose their career (usually only a concern for people in the professions or police/army), they would lose their assets (especially their house) or that their name will be in the local paper (a bankruptcy notice - usually found in the small print near the classifieds).

You can petition for your own bankruptcy which costs about £500, the forms for the petition can be found online at www.insolvency.gov.uk, you can even apply online.

However, there are other options available to deal with your detbs, for example an IVA or a debt management plan, if you want to avoid bankruptcy.

The best thing to do would be to speak to an advisor, there are many contacts on this site, for some free intial advice based on your individual circumstances.

Hope this helps

AccumaGroup - A large insolvency practitioner service based in Manchester.
www.accumagroup.com

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:00 pm
Welcome to the forum Ana,

I agree with AccumaGroup, bankruptcy is just one option to solve your debt situation. Have you spoken to any debt solution companies?

Who are you creditors? What is your amount of monthly disposable income? Disposable Income is calculated by subtracting your monthly living expenses (food, utilities, car expenses etc) from your monthly income.

Remember when you are calculating your disposable income do not include your monthly payments that you are making.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”