No replies to offer of F&F from GT. Bankruptcy ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Amandadon22

Post by Amandadon22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:10 am
Bancruptcy advice. We have been in an iva for over 2 years, I have recently lost my job, tried to contact our iva company to make a f&f but had no replies as I was told to phone also, couldn't get through. Have decided to go bancruptcy as we are in negative equity and I really do not know when I will find a job. Other reasons for this is , it's looking like I will not get a job on any where near the same money, iva will go on for ever a lot longer than a bancruptcy and if I can't make any extra payment I wouldn't have to. Just been to job centre today to sign on, and made application for tax credits( not done this before). Any advise would be great. Does anyone know where we could find a free or cheap solicitor to gain advice from

adam090376

Post by adam090376 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 pm
Hi Amandadon22 you really need to speak to your IVA company to discuss this. There might money on the IVA fund to help you with going bankrupt if you left the IVA fail but please try to contact your IP first to discuss there might be other options.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:11 pm
I agree you need to speak to your IP because it may even be possible to get the IVA closed down based on payments to date. Who is the IP as they may have a rep[resentative on this forum.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:04 pm
Hi Amandadon22 - I agree with Michael - push to speak to your IP - it is not acceptable that you have had to decide on a drastic course of action primarily due to not being able to get hold of anyone to discuss your case, especially as you would have extra costs with this. Hopefully you can speak to them asap to decide on the best way forward and see if payments to date will be accepted.

Let us know how you get on, it shouldnt be that hard to speak to your IP.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Drew

Post by Drew » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:27 pm
Hi Amandadon22, it really would be a shame to have to throw the towel in 2 years down the line. Which company is dealing with your IVA?

I know if any of my clients have changes in circumstances I would go out of my way to try and re-work things for them or work out a plan of action
CertDR Qualified

Amandadon22

Post by Amandadon22 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:25 pm
Hi my company is Grant Thornton, we have tried to get through on lots of occassions with no avail. We have stopped the payment to see if they notice. we just dont want it dragging on forever and dont think they will say we have paid enough as only paid £11000 of the 26 we owe, although they should be getting a large sum of ppi!!

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:33 pm
I'm sure someone from GT will see this on here and respond to you Amandadon.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm
We can keep this bumped up for you, hope you get sorted soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:13 pm
Amanda - Please contact me via email with IVA Forum in the subject line adn I will ensure this gets reviewed,
I look forward to hearing from you,
Karol
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”