No Reply From GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 am
I am trying to get clarification of what I have to do once my final IVA payment is made in a few weeks time, I'm with GT and in the past I have had no problem contacting them although I have always found e'mails to be the best method as the telephone route tends to be a bit time consuming.
I have sent 2 e'mails in the last 2 weeks asking the following questions:

• I believe there is a problem with HMRC regarding repayment of VAT which is preventing completion certificates being issued, can you please clarify the current situation?

As we will have fulfilled our obligations after the 17th March, until we receive our completion certificate are we still obliged to continue paying 50% of bonus/overtime payments into the IVA?
• Are you currently closing any IVA’s or are they all on hold pending a resolution from HMRC
• After we have made our final payment do we have to do a final review or do we just wait until we receive our completion certificate

I have received an automated reply to both e'mails promising a reply within 5 working days, unfortunately this hasn't happened [V][V][V]

Is anyone else having problems contacting GT, or is it just me??
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:35 am
I can answer the first question - there was an issue with HMRC but GT are now closing cases and it takes 6 months. Mine ended in December and I have been given June as the month the certificate will be issued.
I find ringing them is better - I have never had a reply to emails sent.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:45 am
Have you tried contacting Karol directly? She is usually pretty good at replying and I do know that GT are currently closing cvases but of course there will be a backlog.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Grant Thornton

Post by Grant Thornton » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:52 am
Hi Neil

I am sorry you have experienced difficulty in contacting Customer Service - if possible, can you email again with IVA Forum in the subject line. I will ensure you receive a response today,

Kind Regards
Karol

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:17 am
Are there issues with staffing at GT Karol,as it seems pretty commonplace for people to struggle to get through,or get anything but an auto response? I just wonder how many people out there dont know about the forum and are banging their heads off of walls to get some info.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

olydak

Post by olydak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:21 am
Northumbrian69,

Try phoning Grant Thornton i was very impressed on how quickly they took to answer me, a few minutes ago, it took less than one minute.

I had a bit of excitement this morning when i received a letter from Grant Thornton, as i have a month to go, i thought it was my Completion Certificate. Instead it was a letter introducing me to a company who can advise on claiming PPI, i thought that would be nice to receive some money from my crediters. Unfortunately i never took out any insurance products, whilst using Credit Cards.

I just wondered does PPI still exist? can it still be bought?

Regards David.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:31 am
I think it probably can but companies will be very careful now not to missell.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:36 am
Hi Karol

Thanks for the prompt reply, really appreciated.

I have forwarded my last e'mail as requested with 'IVA Forum' in the subject line.

Can I just say that all my previous dealings with GT over the last 5 years have been handled in a friendly, caring and professional manner, I have always been delighted with the service I've received.

Hopefully this is just a gliche caused by high volumes of work.

Thanks for your help [:D][:D][:D]
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Grant Thornton

Hi Neil

I am sorry you have experienced difficulty in contacting Customer Service - if possible, can you email again with IVA Forum in the subject line. I will ensure you receive a response today,

Kind Regards
Karol
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

olydak

Post by olydak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 am
Thankyou Kallis,

I guess they will be very careful in selling them now and in the future, i find it hard to understand how something as important as an insurance could be misselled, you either want it or don't want it. Imagine claiming you were miselled a house a car or anything else, makes you think.

Regards David

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by olydak

Northumbrian69,

I just wondered does PPI still exist? can it still be bought?

Regards David.
Yes PPI is still available but you have to ask for it. Below is an extract from a well known furniture companies Quote for Optional Payment Protection.

"As we have recently arranged credit for you, we are not allowed to complete the sale of Payment Protection Insurance at the same time as you take out the credit. This is to give you time to compare this policy against alternatives. If you decide you would like to take out this Payment Protection Insurance Policy from us, please ring xxxxxxxxxxx on or after xxxxx"

Payment protection was never mentioned at the time of sale, the quote was just stapled to the back of the finance agreement.
IVA Completed August 2011

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:23 pm
As promised by Karol, just received a response to my questions:

It's been confirmed my final payment will be March, I have to call GT to confirm receipt of final payment then I will be instructed to cancel my standing order mandate and my case can progress for closure.

I have been advised the "hold" on closures has now been removed but at the moment IVA's are taking typically 6 months to complete.

I am required to do one final I&E review to assess if any additional income has been earned in the last 12 months

After the final payment has been made I'm not required to pay any additional monies from that point onwards.

Throughout the closure period any windfalls such as lottery wins, tax rebates etc have to be declared to GT

I now know exactly where I stand and I fully understand what I have to do, many thanks to Karol and to Claire who replied to my e'mail on Karol's behalf, thank you [:D][:D][:D]
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Grant Thornton

Hi Neil

Kind Regards
Karol

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm
Northumberland - not long now before that "final payment" well done on getting this far - Hope the closure procedure is as quick as possible! - then you can forget the IVA and move on

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:04 pm
Excellent news northumbrian!!
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:12 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by northumbrian69

As promised by Karol, just received a response to my questions:

It's been confirmed my final payment will be March, I have to call GT to confirm receipt of final payment then I will be instructed to cancel my standing order mandate and my case can progress for closure.

I have been advised the "hold" on closures has now been removed but at the moment IVA's are taking typically 6 months to complete.

I am required to do one final I&E review to assess if any additional income has been earned in the last 12 months

After the final payment has been made I'm not required to pay any additional monies from that point onwards.

Throughout the closure period any windfalls such as lottery wins, tax rebates etc have to be declared to GT

I now know exactly where I stand and I fully understand what I have to do, many thanks to Karol and to Claire who replied to my e'mail on Karol's behalf, thank you [:D][:D][:D]

Hi Neil

Kind Regards
Karol
Declared and paid over,or declared and spent as you wish?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:53 pm
I fear declared and paid over. This is the main pitfall, as yet unaddressed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”