NO WAY TO GO !!!!!

46 posts Page 3 of 4

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 pm
If you don't mind not owning your own home I would sell. We did it 4 years ago and love renting. If anything goes wrong we just call the letting agent and it's fixed! Glad you are doing ok. Well done on the ciggies. One day I will try!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

braindead

Post by braindead » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 pm
Hi Kazz yes try ....
must admit though 1st day put 4 patches on, 1 box of nico tablets 1 inhaler and 1 plastic ciggy loaded with nicotine after 1st day took them all off and cold turkey.
Go for it !!!!
Anyway dont want to turn this into stop smiking site.
Yes very tempted because doesnt matter if you own anything in nour days its not like years ago.
i will have answer next week ....
Thanks for your reply everything helps me kazz.
and give it ago quiting !
take care
))))

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:52 pm
Thanks braindead - I may just do it now we have the IVA sorted. Much less stress.

And give selling some serious thought. YOu'd clear your debts without having your credit rating ruined for 6 years!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

braindead

Post by braindead » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:05 am
Yes does make sence as i have spent this money from these cards if its even gone to my business or not.
and i will have my business if my accountant tells me it makes money if not i get rid of the 2 of them.
with no iva.
but maybe i am looking at easy way out iva ?
if thats what you call it !!
not sure anymore i know i cannot afford these debts from november this year ((((

braindead

Post by braindead » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:12 am
Hi all agin !!!!
can anyone tell me if they feel embarrased being in debt because i know i do and scared to tell anyone....must just be me ((((
think i must be going crazy !!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 am
This is not a decision to be taken lightly - so take your time and seek as much professional advice as you can muster.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 am
braindead wrote:

Hi all agin !!!!
can anyone tell me if they feel embarrased being in debt because i know i do and scared to tell anyone....must just be me ((((
think i must be going crazy !!!
That is a definate yes in my case. Was totally ashamed, embarrased, angry with myself and felt I had totally let myself down. Too ashamed to tell anyone and spent most of the time the IVA was being processed in tears..... feel totally different now though. Still not told any of my family and not sure I ever will.
IVA Completed August 2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 am
Well done braindead - keep it up! I gave up smoking about 14 years ago - still fancy one sometimes though!

I think we all felt upset and angry that we had let it get so far. I was so stressed because I kept it from hubby - he thought everything was ok.

My parents don't know and I could never tell them. My daughter and my stepkids are aware of the situation though and they are fine with it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

dizzy.r

Post by dizzy.r » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 am
Hi Braindead - Yes, at the beginning I felt both embarrassed and ashamed and very depressed for a while. Although our IVA is finished now and I am proud that we stuck to it through a very stringent 5 years and sorted ourselves out, I would still hate anyone to find out. Other than my grown up children we have never told anyone and it will stay that way. That’s why it is so helpful to be able to share the IVA experience with others on this forum.

Additionally, my husband kicked his 30 a day smoking habit 4 years ago as a result of not being able to afford to buy cigarettes any more! Apart from being on the road to clearing our debts that was the best outcome of all.

braindead

Post by braindead » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:45 am
Hi again,
well we are on friday today woke up 3 times thinking of money.Never done that before.
Still off the ciggies ))))
anyway got few questions for anyone what i have been thinking of if i do do a iva.
can i set one of these up without my address that way no one will know give a po box number or something ?
will they ask to see my accounts up to date?

all debt is in my name will it affect my wife and its just credit cards?how long do they take to set up ?
thanks for looking and any help would be gratefull towards my decision on a iva.

dizzy.r

Post by dizzy.r » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 am
Really well done that you have been able to keep off the cigs, especially while you are trying to deal with all the current concerns and decision making.

I have never heard of anyone using a PO box number but I am no expert. I hope one of the experts on here will be able to provide an answer for you and definitely talk to a few of the companies that are listed on www.iva.com to get a full picture of what you will be committing to.

I have always believed that you would have to provide your current home address and all details relating to your debts during the process of setting up an IVA, so creditors would be aware. Once in an IVA, your name, date of birth, address and IP would be listed on the Insolvency Register but details of the amount owing or creditors is not shown. I worried a little when our names appeared on there but then none of my friends or work colleagues know I am in an IVA so I can't imagine that anyone would want to look me up.

If your wife does not have an IVA, her name will not appear on the register. Her credit rating would only be affected if she had debts of her own or possibly, if she previously had any joint debts with you.

Our IVA took about 12 weeks to set up but not typical and I believe it can be much quicker than that.

braindead

Post by braindead » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:14 pm
Thanks for the info dizzy.
Anyway people kick you when you are so i found out today !!
i find it funny that 1 time i phone accountant and the person answers calling me mr ######
today i phone up after i mentioned iva on monday and not once did i get called mr.
i find that really strange !!!
i sent i set of statements via email accountant ask for a received check on it for recipiant
and that was as much use as a wooden door in a chocolate canoe !!!!
No reply
I AM MEGA p'''''ED OFF AT THE MOMENT WITH PEOPLE !!!
ITS LIKE 1 STEP FORWARD AND 100 BACK
im going to explode soon.
All i want is answers of a guy that charges me £1000 per year and nothing ...
hope a better day tomoz
take care all

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:43 am
Sorry - you cannot do an IVA using a PO Box - you have to use the address from where you have resided for the majority of the last six months.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 am
It's usually between 6 to 8 weeks to set up an IVA unless there are complications.

Your wife won't be affected other than you will have to provide details of her income so that an IP can see you are both paying your fair share of household expenses.

Give one or two companies a ring, the advice is free and impartial.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

braindead

Post by braindead » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:12 am
New day today.
Bad day friday.
Anyway could anyone tell me if i just packed my bagsand went what would happen to my debt ?
(not planning too )
but i could always reply to letters say no longer at this address!!
))))))
46 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “annual review”