Northern Ireland

8 posts Page 1 of 1

nancyspong

Post by nancyspong » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:29 pm
I am thinking of an IVA has anyone any experience of them in Northern Ireland.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:33 pm
Unlike Scotland which operates slightly different insolvency laws , IVA's are treated exactly the same in Northern Ireland as they are in England.

We work closely with an IP firm in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to have a look at our website and contact us for more information.

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:21 pm
Hi Nancy

I live in the south of England. My debt man company (Myvesta) referred me to Grant Thornton (IP). They are situated in Belfast. the distance didn't make any difference...I found them really helpful, pleasant, professional and they turned my IVA around within six weeks..IVA was accepted at a creditors meeting within 6 weeks of my initial phone call. The speed of the IVA does however depend on your personal circumstances (I was an easy case) and on how quickly you as an individual can fill in and return your required paperwork.

camiva

Post by camiva » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:45 pm
Thank you bluebelle. I will look up Grant Thornton

MAY2006

Post by MAY2006 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:11 am
Hi
I used Grant Thornton too, they were recommended by my local CAB debt advise. They were excellent and they have an extremely good IVA approval rate.
My IVA did take much longer than Bluebelles nearly 6 months in all to set up because we remortgaged first and did a lump sum IVA, and it was probelematic but they were always on hand to offer advise.
They flew over to the UK to meet with us to.

iva_squirrel

Post by iva_squirrel » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:00 am
Hello,

IVAs are not available to those residing in Scotland or outside of the UK. In Scotland there is a similar system called as Standard Trust Deed.

IVAs however can be available to residents of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Kind regards,

Julia

For more information about IVAs, please visit my website:
www.supersonicsquirrel.net

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:25 am
I live in the South of England and was introduced to McCambridge Duffy in Derry by Spencer Hayes ... both companies were extremely proficient, sensitive and supportive ... my somewhat potentially complicated IVA went through very smoothly. Good luck.

Debbie
Debbie

jayne

Post by jayne » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:03 pm
Hi
i also used Grant Thornton and I would agree with what the others say they are professional and speedy. I aso know of a couple of friends who have received sound advice off them.
Good luck
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”