Northern Rock

8 posts Page 1 of 1

zoe

Post by zoe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:25 pm
Hi All
i am getting at least 2 calls a day from northern rock.

I have told them many times about what is happening and they have just called and spoke to me again. I quoted Administration of Justice Act 1970 and they said it is not harrassment calling me as i am in arrears. They stated i am on a dialer system and until IVA approved i would be on it - so it could be weeks.

What should i do???!!!!

Z
xx

freelili

Post by freelili » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:43 pm
zoe

Dont let it get to you, walk away and let them talk to the wall, they will soon get fed up. They have been informed and thats all you can do, or tell them you are going to record what they say and will listen to it later.

It will be OK, I know its hard but try to remain polite but firm.

LILY

fly me beyond the distant star, I will wish on tonight to see you smile just once more to know youre there.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

aguise

Post by aguise » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:45 pm
Tell them that it is only necessary to ring at the most once a day and when they do tell them to log the call so that you will not be rung again. It is harassement if you are being upset by it, but it is just par for the course with these people. I had 14 calls from one creditor so not out of the ordinary at all. If you have caller id just answere once a day. I put mine on different ringtones so I knew who was calling but depends omn the phone.
Hope this helps.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:52 pm
Hi Zoe
I also spoke to northen rock today,they informed me that as my iva had failed if i didnt pay my arrears on my unsecured loan then they would put a charging order on my property,i explained im trying for another iva when my dispute with former ip is sorted out,i must be honest i made a token payment and they said that they would contact me again in 4 wks,phew was i relieved,but Zoe my situation is different to most,from your earlier posts are you not waiting for a creditors meeting for yor iva,if this is the case i would contact your ip and ask them to deal with it.
I no its hard for you waiting,and you dont need this added stress,but hopefully soon this will all be a distant memory for you.
Hang in there you are doing the right thing,there is not a lot they can do,its just scare tactics,and a lot of companys set these dialer systems so please dont worry i no lloyds are in favour of this system as well
Just adhere to the advise you have been given by your ip and you will be fine,im sure an expert will give you more advice
Take care

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm
Hi Zoe

I was just thinking today I hadn't seen you post for a few days so welcome back to the forum.

As I said in another post yesterday creditors can't have what you haven't got and can only have what you have got with a court order. Always bear that in mind when they are insisting on payment over the phone.

I had one of my creditors on the phone again today. I contacted them on Monday to explain my situation and explained that Mel was on holiday til next Monday. I informed them I would speak to Mel about what they were proposing and get back to them. I spoke to them at 4pm then at 8pm my landline rang. I have caller ID so recognised their number and answered the call. I explained I had contacted the office earlier and the guy apologised and said it was an automated dialling system. I had a missed call on both my landline and mobile yesterday, another on my mobile today and then another call to my landline tonight. Again I answered to explain nothing will change between now and Monday but I was told the calls will continue. So I told the lady calling that as I have caller ID on both numbers if I saw their number calling I would not be answering as nothing will have changed but I will call them on Monday. She seemed happy enough with this.

Can I just say to all the people on here having problems with constant phonecalls my view is this. If its really important they will leave me a message - they rarely do - and if its really really important and they can't get through on the phone they will write to me. Finally they cannot discuss anything unless they take you through a security check first so if you have to answer the phone in case its somebody you do want to talk to but then find out its a creditor dont give them the option and say you cant confirm their details at this time.

They have a job to do and it pays to be polite as notes can be placed on your file which may or may not be read by the decision makers. But dont let them embarrass you in front of friends/family by constantly calling you.

If you still can't cope with the calls then ask BT to change your number as you are getting nuisance calls then only give your number out to those you want to.

Regards

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:45 am
You can also phone them before they phone you,so if you have a chance in the morning phone them and go through the usual speach regarding your IVA proposal.Sometimes this will flag up on their system that they have communicated with you for the day and will not phone you again that day.
May be worth a try
regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and site manager
(aka Neverending)

Please check out my blog: http://andydavie.blogs.iva.co.uk

View my profile here:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp
Andam Davies

zoe

Post by zoe » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:13 pm
Thanks Guys,
Dave i have been really really busy at work these last couple of weeks so haven't been about alot - thanks for thinking of me!
I have taken a couple of days off so got caught up on housework (yawn yawn)!!
I am going to sit back and relax now ive been on the go since 6!!!
xx

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:52 pm
I know how you feel about the phone calls, I'm being harassed by Morgan Stanley, phone me everyday, leave messages everyday, I'm fed up with having the same conversation so now i don't speak to them, the last conversation got quite heated after I refused to borrow money from relatives to pay them more. The more I speak to these people the more I think stuff you I'll go bankrupt and you'll get nothing. So now I don't even have the answer phone switched on, let the phone ring continuously during the day and disconnect it when I get home, anyone important can ring me on my mobile. I don't even have a creditors meeting date yet, so this could go on for another month or more, I'd definately go mad if I had to take these calls everyday. Good luck for your creditors meeting.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for april”