Not a good time for our pets.

12 posts Page 1 of 1

aguise

Post by aguise » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:28 am
Oh dear now its my turn again. I have a fishpond with Koi, I have had them for years and no problems. I just went outside and my biggest baby called dyson( I know it sounds silly and it is a fish but I have had him for nearly 15 years) and poor baby was dead. Usually you can tell when they are sickening and deal with anything but as the pond is darker at this time of year and he didnt mope around the top, as they do when they are ill, I didnt know. He was my biggest weighing about 12lbs and always amused us when he fed because he just hoovered around the top all the time and ate everything including a whole slice of bread if he was hungry, thus the name of dyson. My poor little dog last year and now dyson, now i have to try to check if the others are ok or its going to worry me.
Thanks for listening I consider you all my friends so you have to put up with the little upsets and moans I have.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:06 pm
Ang

It is so upsetting when things happen to our pets, and it is not just "like" losing one of the family, it is losing one of the family. Hope you keep your chin up and that the other fish are OK. How long do they generally live for?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

lily

Post by lily » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:37 pm
Oh, Ang, so sorry, you just never know do you??? I just hope you can get the others sorted and they are Ok.
lily

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:58 pm
Ohhh ... Ang ... I'm so sorry ... isn't just amazing how a fish can be very much part of the family [:(]

I lost my mum's dog a few weeks ago ... he was getting older and older and just 'went to sleep' under the stairs once night. I had inherited him after mum died seven years ago and he was kind of the last link with her.

Thinking of you

Debbie
Debbie

lily

Post by lily » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:08 pm
Debbie, thats sad about the dog, I am very sorry, having recently lost my mom, its brought a tear to my eye. Not only a loss of a pet but another visit to past grief.
Last edited by lily on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Yes, Lily ... it's strange how Bertie dying (Mum's dog)had a kind of 'moving on' effect, another link with the past gone ... but a need to take care of my own future now as well, after having looked after the children and mum for a few years after Dad died. I do feel that I am coming into a brighter phase of my life now though especially now that my debt worries are ALMOST resolved :)

I may have sent you this before ... but if not this is a poem that I often have found comfort from and use for other families at their time of bereavement ... I hope that it might also bring some comfort to you ... see what you've started Ang ... all this reflexivity that Dyson has facilitated in us [:)]

Debbie

Your mother is always with you.
She’s the whisper of the leaves
As you walk down the street.
She’s the smell of bleach
In your freshly laundered socks.
She’s the cool hand on your brow
When you’re not well.
Your mother lives inside your laughter.
She’s crystallized in every tear drop.
She’s the place you came from,
Your first home.
She’s the map you follow
With every step you take.
She’s your first love
And your first heartbreak …
And nothing on earth can separate you.
Debbie

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:55 pm
Sorry to hear this Ang, I keep cold water fish too and get as attached to them as I do my doggy, I always feel silly but they are part of my family. Hope the others are ok?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

aguise

Post by aguise » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:20 pm
Hi all thanks for the lovely messages.
We are going to ghave to get the pump and everything going a bit early to check, the rest are all at the bottom they semi hibernate in the cold and just lie pretty still. I am used to not seeing them in the winter months. I will clear the water a bit and hopefully they are all there, another 4 big ones and a couple half the size. Its his friend I am uset for too he was bought at the same time and the only difference between them was, these two are ghost koi, one was gold and the silver is the one I have lost, they always tended to stick together. They i think on working out are about 18 Melanie. Life expectancy can be 30 to 50 years, but I think you have to have fantabulous water and be a real koi keepr to get the 50 Years. I know a bit purely through having them this many years and coping with the odd problems.

Debbie I am sorry to hear about mums dog, they are such an itegral part of the family. I still miss mine dreadfully, still go to open the door as sooon as I get home. it take a long time to get over.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:43 pm
I'm really sorry to hear about Dyson Ang and I hope the others are ok x

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:02 pm
So sorry to hear about Dyson Ang x

Sorry also to hear bout Bertie Debbie x

Big hugs and best wishes to you both
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:42 pm
oh ang, so sorry to hear about dyson. I hope the other fish are ok. we have a pond in our garden too, with koi, and my husbands loves them too.

lily

Post by lily » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:11 pm
Debbie

Thanks for the poem, its lovely, I have printed it off. I am going to her place of rest with some flowers as its her birthday soon and I am going to leave the poem with her.
lily
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “weight watchers club”