Not enough to live on

3 posts Page 1 of 1

gledhill4911

Post by gledhill4911 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:19 am
Hello, We are now into our 18th month of our IVA. All was OK at the start, but now food prices, fuel, gas & electricity have all risen dramatically we dont have enough money for food or cloathing. Also, I live in Hull and our property was flooded out last year. Repairs being carried out under insurance policies. This is also going to make our insurance premiums sky rocket, double or perhaps treble if indeed someone will insure me.
Should I contact my IP (Synergi partners) and discuss the matter with them?
A little about our IVA, we pay £700 PCM and 50% of any overtime, bonus etc over and above our expendature rate of £2913.00.
Both me and my wife are fully employed our take home pay is approximatly £3450.00 We usualy end up paying about £260.00 extra per month to the IP. This gives us about £3170.00 per month for everything. Even this amount we are now struggling to live.
In our last anual review no changes were made to our IVA, but even when that was done six months ago things did seem to be easier than they are now.
Sorry for posting this again, my laast one went into sept 07 mail for some reason.
G.M.Gledhill

gledhill4911

Post by gledhill4911 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:28 am
In addition to the above, I'm only looking for an increase in our expenditure allowance, and not a lowering of the IVA amount.
G.M.Gledhill

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:52 am
Hi there Gledhill and welcome if you have had rises in your living costs I would ask them if you can do a new I and E and request they be offset from your rise or any overtime. You will have to send receipts for proof of the rises, but as long as you are not asking for a drop in payment and are paying your 50% there is noreason these costs can not be offset before the overtime. They are the best to discuss this with. Hope that helps.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”