not going back to work

24 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:40 pm
Amy, this is not good that you have had to resort to this. You must be really struggling, and need to speak to Cleardebt as soon as possible.

You should be able to manage and you clearly are not.

I agree that they need to be lowered.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

amyc

Post by amyc » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:43 pm
i know i originally thought we were just struggling to cope with a budget because we were not used to it but i think its abit more than that now. thank you for advice.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:44 pm
Amy, we are here for you. You need to get your payments sorted out. You should not be struggling like this.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

amyc

Post by amyc » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:47 pm
i agree. i just didnt want to ring the iva company and start trying to make changes or show them that i cannot cope so early into the iva. i think part of it is us as well and we need to learn how to spend and save responsiby. hopefuly they will be able to give us some sound advice.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:48 pm
Don't live a miserable life because you have entered into an IVA which from day one was probably too tight. Life is for living, and if you cannot afford to repay your creditors there are other options you can consider - such as bankruptcy. I am sure that your IP will be more than happy to discuss this as an alternate for you - especially if you have no assets which would be at risk.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:22 pm
Amy, Melanie and Jan are right, you do need to speak to your IP ASAP to try and get this sorted. I appreciate that IVAs aren't supposed to be easy, but nor are you supposed to live on bread and water for 5 years. If you're having to sell things to buy food then something is very wrong with your allowances.

Were your allowances what you put on your I & E, or were they amended to fit the IVA?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:17 pm
Don't be afraid of contacting your IP firm Amy. They may be experiencing difficulties like this with a number of clients, and will want to help to put things right if they can and within your current and forthcoming circumstances.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm
I am surprised that anyone would have such low allowances that they are forced to try and sell things just to live.

Please keep us informed Amy.
Bob Marley.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:48 pm
I cannot access the system from home, so if you wish to e mail me direct, my details are on the left, then I will be happy to get this dealt with first thing.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “a success story”