Not long to go,,,

10 posts Page 1 of 1

Jasekent

Post by Jasekent » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 pm
Well it's been a trek but I am only 3 payments away from completing my IVA. It's been tough at times but with a very considerate girlfriend and a strong will it is possible to be debt free!
I thought I would just pass on a couple of tips that helped me get through it as easily as possible.
If you have use of a pc and excel do a income/outgoings spreadhseet every month , in fact do it months ahead like I did. Set all your direct debits/standing orders etc to go out on your payday , that way you know what you have left for the rest of the months expenses. I know this is hard for some but try not to carry cash , you are far less likely to buy that can of pop and sandwich that you see in the shop if you don't have the cash on you. All these little couple of quid savings tot up.
If you have a dog then walk him lots , it kills time when you are likely to get bored and spend and you get fitter at the same time. I was lucky that we already had some exercise equipment in our garage , I dusted it down (they had old clothes on it )and got right into it. Again it kills time and the weight loss gives you another goal to work for. I lost 21 pounds in the last six months.
If you can save a little from your grocery allowance then go out and blow off steam once a month. See you freinds , have a couple of drinks. It recharges the batteries and give you another nice monthly treat to work towards. I found the months started to go much quicker when I started doing that.

Well I had better go , hope these couple of things that helped me could help other.
Good luck to all !!

Jase

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:28 am
brilliant advice Jasekent-especially for those-like me-who are just starting out on their iva journey.
Nice to see a positive post when there is so much negativity in the media at present.
Good luck for the rest of your journey-bet you cant wait for the day you become debt free-and treat that lovely girlfriend of yours!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 am
Great post. My dogs are walked twice a day and I do enjoy getting out with them.

Love the Wii fit for exercise - must get back into it though! Well done on the weight loss!

Thankfully I'm not tempted to buy stuff for snacking but it is good advice not to have too much cash on you just in case!

Look forward to reading a post when you have totally finished.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 pm
A very good post with some helpful tips. Well done on getting this far within your IVA. I hope the remainder runs smoothly for you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

batawi3

Post by batawi3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 am
Well done on nearly completing your IVA. I am four months away from completing mine and just cant wait. It has certainly been a tough journey and a lesson learnt. I am looking forward to having an extra £303 in my pocket each month and to finally start saving. For me, an IVA was the best thing ever. I would be finishing mine this month if I hadn't taken a payment break when I was on maternity leave. Best wishes all

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 am
Brilliant news batawi - it'll be great to have that extra money each month.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:13 am
Batawi enjoy your extra income in a few months and I hope your debt free future is a rosy one.x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Mikee

Post by Mikee » Wed May 11, 2011 8:55 am
Great post with some really useful tips, thanks for those. Appreciated!

600andy

Post by 600andy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:15 pm
Brilliant and congratulations, I am not far along behind and can see the chequered flag in the distance now.......

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:49 pm
wtg jasekent xx
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”