Nov 30th strike

101 posts Page 4 of 7

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 pm
I can see both sides to the arguement, and each side does have valid points ... however, when I started work I was given a set of conditions I had to adhere to and, in return, I was made promises my employer said they would adhere to.

So, for many a year, I have been sticking religiously to what was expected of me and delivering as promised.

Is it really too much to expect my employer to also honour their side of the deal ??
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

country girl

Post by country girl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:29 pm
I am not striking tomorrow mainly for the same reason as everbody else, a days pay but also I don't really believe in strikes. Nobody in our office appears to be going out but others in the building will and I am not looking forward to crossing the picket line.

Good luck to everbody tomorrow who is involved in this.

Linda

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:35 pm
Don't worry Country Girl! We have to respect the right to strike, so strikers should afford you the same respect for your decision not to.

country girl

Post by country girl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 pm
Thanks

Trouble is I am a big woz,I am liable to burst into tears if somebdy gets nasty with me.

Linda

oskiee6

Post by oskiee6 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Broke of London

Don't worry Country Girl! We have to respect the right to strike, so strikers should afford you the same respect for your decision not to.
Thought you were not goimg to take part in this debate.

We the working majority have few avenues to voice our rights/ concerns even though we are a democracy. Those that have power and control are those that have money. The society we live in is not equal by any means. This politcal process has to change as it does not matter which party gets into power they are all the same. Not because they want to be but because they are caught up in due process which imprisons them. The real power is with the bankers who have allegencies to those that make money. Like those that develop weapons/arms etc. Now whats the use in developing arms if there are no wars ! Just a thought as I dont really have any evidence.
oskiee

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 pm
I'm a bit of a wuss too but I'd fire off a couple of words! The second one being 'off'!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm
Country Girl, pickets are not allowed to harass those that choose to work. In my place of work there are strikers and non-strikers, but we each respect the others choice. As has been said, the strikers want the right to strike and should, therefore afford the workers the right to work.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm
Its not the miners strike folks!!! I cant imagine there will be much conflict on picket lines.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm
Oskiee - I'm not participating in the debate about the rights and wrongs of striking. We should all respect one another's opinions and no-one should feel afraid to go to work. I'm sorry you feel downtrodden but don't try to take your frustrations out on me. What and when I post is entirely my decision, not yours.

oskiee6

Post by oskiee6 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:27 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Broke of London

I'm a bit of a wuss too but I'd fire off a couple of words! The second one being 'off'!
Well there you go, you can either take part in the debate or throw your toys out the pram !
oskiee

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 pm
What's your problem Oskiee? If you attack me personally of course I'll answer for myself. I guess by quoting my last post back to me you've proved some point to yourself. Care to explain it to me as I'm baffled?

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:36 pm
Steady folks,its all about opinions but lets not get too personal.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:36 pm
This is an interesting debate but it is starting to get a bit personal.

Can we please keep it civil?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:40 pm
Sorry folks - I'll end it here but I can't apologise for defending myself. It was a totally unnecessary attack when all I wanted to do was support another poster.

oskiee6

Post by oskiee6 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:43 pm

What's your problem Oskiee? If you attack me personally of course I'll answer for myself. I guess by quoting my last post back to me you've proved some point to yourself. Care to explain it to me as I'm baffled?
I did not attack you just stated what you said about not taking part in the debate. You however told me to "___off"

At no point have I shown a greivience at those that are not striking. Please read the comments again. We should be open to peoples opinions respectfully. I apologise if I have offended you. I do feel I was making a valid point.
oskiee
101 posts Page 4 of 7
Return to “tips for IVA success”