Novelty Xmas presents on the cheap

26 posts Page 2 of 2

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 pm
The cheapest postage was £5 & delivery in 21 days! It was near £15 to have it done by express delivery (3 days) hence why I've not bothered!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:58 pm
Me neither!! I was going to get one for mother in law but she's not worth that much!! hee hee [;)]
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:55 pm
I'm glad it's not just me that went WHAT! At the P&P maybe they put it up because of the demand, even so no chance!!!!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:57 pm
Ps: mine was for the MIL too! n I was going to get my mum one, but even they would say no to that!

Lyns x

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:22 pm
Slightly off topic but.. I was stood in a shop queue today over hearing a conversation between 2 women. It had been on the local news about the need to increase the number of food parcels this year. Fair enough people are suffering, but one said to the other... "I could really do with one of them this year, I don't know how we'll afford food for christmas" and in the next breath she went on to say " I've just bought sarah an ipad 2 she needed one as all her friends have one". I'm sorry but no one NEEDS a £400 ipad 2 because there friends have one. No wonder the country's in such a state, I think some people really need to look at their priorities.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:58 pm
http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/multiple-ca ... =0&GPLSID=

that's the link I used to get the 99p calender and the total cost to me was £3.70.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 pm
I had mine at the same cost Lesley.

I decided I wanted another calender for hubby (for work), so called into a local photo shop. I was pleasantly surprised! All the same type of personalised gifts available with wonderful service too. They produce everything on site, so no delivery charges - picking up items within 2 days! Also, got a lot of advice on best pics, they will crop and edit to get best results and I had a free keyring too!

So, check out local shops, you may get a surprise - online is always better.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:40 pm
I have accessed the site through the link & it's the same one, delivery is £3.08 for it to arrive in 21 days or the fastest (3 days) is just short of £15! Never mind, will take a look next year & shop round locally too just to see!

Lyns x

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm
Oh not good Lyns, if you get it printed I can bind it for you as I've got a binder here at work? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 pm
If there's a "nostalgic sweet" shop near you, there are some great gifts to be had.

I bought a selection of nostagic sweets and put them in a wicker basket and now have a great secret santa gift for my colleague who has a very sweet tooth [:D]

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 pm
Sorry I missed your reply Lesley - thank u for the kind offer, I think I will look at doing it next year when bingo is here n we have lots of photos of bingo & her brothers x

Xmas is sorted now, I plodded slowly round n sorted everyone out with something, daft as I am. Now just got to wrap the blooming things! I love wrapping but I'm getting huge n can't move already! X
Last edited by MrsKnight on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyns x
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”