O/R Telephone Interview Questions

7 posts Page 1 of 1

kilohurtz

Post by kilohurtz » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:08 am
Hello Everyone

well I finally did it, I went backrupt in court last week. My papers were taken to a judge and I did even have to see her.

I now have to have a telephone interview with the OR which is going to be monday but I have a couple of questions.

1: On the PIQDP questionaire they are asking me for insurance details / policies for any goods. Does this include extended warranty for say a TV from Comet or Currys? If so why do they need this?

2: They has asked for 12 months Bank / Credit Card statements, will I get these back?

3: They has asked me for dates of loans, credit cards and what I purchased, am I supposed to try and remember everything I have ever purchased and when? What if I cant remember?

4: Whats the purpose of me signing to allow the OR access to my TAX and NI information, how long will they go back?

Its strange how each case is different, someone I know did not have to send any documents, she attended the interview personally with only her statement of affairs and that was it.

Thanks
Last edited by kilohurtz on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
KiloHurtz

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 am
Hi Kilohurtz, well done for finally doing the deed, and good luck for your new life.

To answer your questions:
1. As far as I'm aware this means things like life insurance policies. I didn't even think of the warranty for the fridge freezer!

2. No, you won't get the statements back.

3. Try and remember as much as you can, but if you can't remember somthing say so. I couldn't remember everything and the examiner was fine with that.

4. I think this has something to do with the Nil Tax code, although I'm not sure. Once you are made BR all tax for that tax year is payable to the OR. If HMRC have time to change it, you will get an NT code meaning you will pay no tax. This must be paid over to the OR via a collections agency.

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Sun May 31, 2009 8:41 am
Many people post about the court appointment in bankruptcy but very few people ever post about the OR interview or other elements.
JB

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun May 31, 2009 9:42 am
The meeting is not there to catch you out, but for the examiner assigned to your case to be able to accurately summarise the information presented to them to determine an appropriate way forward for the bankruptcy - and importantly to understand why things have gone wrong and whether you can afford to pay ongoing payments for the benefit of your creditors.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 31, 2009 1:21 pm
I put all the details about my OR interview (all 23 minutes of it!) in my blog, which I must update soon!

vegetablevn

Post by vegetablevn » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:00 pm
Skippy wrote:

I put all the details about my OR interview (all 23 minutes of it!) in my blog, which I must update soon!
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful:**Link removed**
Tks again and pls keep posting.
Last edited by vegetablevn on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:02 pm
Hi and well done from me for getting the court bit out of the way.

We had 2 phonecalls from the OR,the first just confirmed basic details, value of home etc..the 2nd was a more lengthy conversation. We went through our I&E in detail and the OR's office were really helpful.

Good luck xx
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “meeting the OR”