oh dear not long now

10 posts Page 1 of 1

kfromkk

Post by kfromkk » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Well i am new to this , have read many postings over the past few weeks..and i must say you all seem very strong people.

i have submitted all the appropriate paperwork to begin the application process for an IVA... tomorrow thursday will be my phone call to discuss everything prior to me meeting the ip next week who i think then goes through my proposals, i am so confused over all of this... gutted that i have had to go down this line to address the debts... i am not hopeful that the vat mad my biggest debt will be willing to accept an iva.. and it feels as if i am living in a cotton wool ball at the moment cause i cant see or understand the process of all of this... not sure why i am writting this on the forum.. just at my nerves adge i think at the min.....

flow13

Post by flow13 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:36 pm
Hi k. Welcome to the forums.

Well, all I can say is you are in the right place. I can totally understand your feelings. When we first started the iva I didn't have a clue what it was all about. and I felt all over the place. But I can say now it was the best things we ever did, and saved us. And now, we are only 8 payments away from debt freedom.

I really hope that everything works out for you.

good luck
Claire. x
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:44 pm
Welcome from me as well. You have come to the right place for advice and support.

I am sure you will be ok with your proposal. Which company are you with?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:14 pm
Good luck from myself too and I hope your telephone meeting goes well tomorrow.

Post away, there is always someone around for support/advice.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kfromkk

Post by kfromkk » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:39 pm
flow13 wrote:

Hi k. Welcome to the forums.

Well, all I can say is you are in the right place. I can totally understand your feelings. When we first started the iva I didn't have a clue what it was all about. and I felt all over the place. But I can say now it was the best things we ever did, and saved us. And now, we are only 8 payments away from debt freedom.

I really hope that everything works out for you.

good luck
Claire. x

kfromkk

Post by kfromkk » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:48 pm
thanks claire, your nearly at the end of yours how releived you must be.. i never thought i would ever be in a situation like this...many years ago when hubby left me with 2 kids aged 4 and 5, i wasleft with huge debts and over the years i managed to clear every penny owed, obviuosley i never had credit or credit cards since then, 12 months ago i thought my head was way above water, business doing really well no debts, kids gone to uni, life back on track, then my accountant informed me that she had over looked a load of invoices i had sent out 2 years previousley and that i owed vat and tax man a very large sum of monies plus others, this was like a sledge hammer hitting me over the head , i tried to sort it all out but to no avail, after many weeks and reading this forum i worked out all the pros and cons and took this route... this now seems more stressful because of the waiting and the fear of the unknown. argggggg.... i have the telephne call today then off for the meeting on monday, i think ip then send stuff off to the creditors and then wait for the creditors meeting which i think will prob be end dec, then hopefully if all goes well i can start the new year with everything in place.
thanks for your support

kfromkk

Post by kfromkk » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:51 pm
kallis3 wrote:

Welcome from me as well. You have come to the right place for advice and support.

I am sure you will be ok with your proposal. Which company are you with?

kfromkk

Post by kfromkk » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:55 pm
hi there
thank you for the support ... i am with jones giles & co. who i must say have been very good in calming me down and make me feel as if i have nothing to be ashamed of or worried about, as they say i have faced up to the situation and am trying to resolve it !!!i hope the creditor think this ( fingers crossed) will let you all know what happens

thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:18 pm
Excellent choice of company. You have nothing to be ashamed of at all - we've all been there.

I'm sure you will be ok.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:02 pm
I'm with Jones Giles too and believe me you've made the right choice in my opinion. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”