Old Bank Account

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:58 pm
my old bank is one of my creditors, should I close the account or wait for them to do it?

The IVA has been approved the account wsa listed in the creditors details of the proposal, and I have emailed my IP about this.

kezza

Post by kezza » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:41 pm
Hiya,
I would anyway, they can see first hand what you have in your account! I would close it and open another even if they didn't make you.
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:46 pm
what i mean is do I have to do it as part of the process, or can I just let themm do it and save myself the bother ?

illihor

Post by illihor » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:09 pm
It really depends what procedures the bank has in place to deal with an IVA. Some will give you notification to close, some just freeze the account and others hardly do anything.

As your IVA has been approved and it was listed you shouldn't need to do anything about as you shouldn't have to have any contact with your creditors during the IVA period.

Obviously ask your IP but I think he/she will say to leave it or contact the bank for you.

On the way to a brighter future....:-D
Kind Regards.

Lee

kezza

Post by kezza » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:39 pm
Hiya,
Set up a new bank account with Natwest today and guess what! they tried to get me to have a loan!!!!!!!!!!!! [:0]
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”