Old is ....

79 posts Page 1 of 6

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 am
'OLD' IS WHEN...

Your sweetie says, 'Let's go upstairs and make love,' and you answer, 'Pick one; I can't do both!'

'OLD' IS WHEN...
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go too.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
'Getting a little action' means you don't need to take any fibre today.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
'Getting lucky' means you find your car in the car park.

'OLD' IS WHEN...
An 'all nighter' means not getting up to use the toilet...AND,

'OLD' IS WHEN...
You are not sure if these are facts or jokes?

Time for me All Bran ... Laters xxx
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:33 am
[:D][:D]

I love this one as well!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 am
Seemed pretty factual to me for most of them!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

johnnybriggs

Post by johnnybriggs » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm
I always liked; middle age is sitting down to put your socks on, old age is sitting down to put your trousers on.
JB

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 pm
I went to the library today and was browsing the books on a lower shelf and pulled a chair up as I just couldn't bend down x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:52 pm
At the risk of being accused of boasting, I don't sit down to either put trousers or socks on, and (as long as my back isn't playing up)can reach the lower shelves in a library or at work.

I couldn't have done it this time last year, but have to say that I have never felt fitter.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 pm
[:D] nice one you were up early this morning wizz.i,m a bit of a night owl love late nights and early mornings,

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 pm
I can do it Jan, just too lazy and so tired today that even the library was taxing me but I just needed some new books as I've nothing to read, finished my last one last night x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:10 pm
I always have loads of books ready. I usually have two on the go at any one time. One to read in bed, the other to take to work.
At the moment I have nine unread books sitting there, and most of those will be finished in a couple of weeks.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 pm
I had 3 new ones for Xmas but they've been read now and so resorted back to the library today.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:46 pm
I can get through three or four books in a week no problem. Always been an avid reader.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 am
I like to read but don't have time sadly to read as much as I like, one day when I don't have to work and my children and grandchildren are grown up, but then again I don't want to wish my time away as I love them all to bits, don't mind my job sometimes but would like to reduce the hours.

Alby

Post by Alby » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm
I've never been much of a reader unless you count magazines lol! I'm more a movie buff myself. Last book I read was Harry Potter and the half blood prince. I used to love a good horror read like Moon, the cottage, the dark all by the same author only I'm struggling to remember his name he also wrote fluke which was made into a movie. I might remember his name later. I'm definitely getting old lol!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 pm
James Herbert, Alby.

I've read a lot of his books.

Lesley, I only read during my breaks at work and again when I go to bed, but I am a fast reader.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:01 pm
Jan I wish we had breaks! If we have a break the students see it as a time to come and chat to us....no fun in a staff room on your own so tend to just chill at the desk but then you start working again so we've given up on breaks, today was nice though the NVQ EV was there so a nice buffet lunch was ordered in courtesy of M&S and was it scrummy....not that I had too much naughty stuff of course!
79 posts Page 1 of 6
Return to “friends corner”