Old IVA, can i rent now.

6 posts Page 1 of 1

garryhucker

Post by garryhucker » Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 pm
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and im a bit converned about something.

Me and my partner are looking to rent and could be possibly moving in on the 19th. All that needs to happen is we have to pay YOUR MOVE estate agents £360 to check us out with credit referencing.

I was once in an IVA started NOV 2007 and finsihed SEPT 2009. Its still visable on my Credit Report.

The agency has already said if you have had CCJ you cannot rent, but an IVA is not a CCJ am i right?

So do you think it will be a problem, will they see this and say ive been bankcrupt, or as its nearly 3 years ago will they not mind?

My partners credit is fine as hasnt been bankcrust or IVA or CCJs.

Hope someone can shed some light.

Regards
Garry

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your IVA will be visible for 6 years from date of acceptance normally so I'm guessing it will be November 12 when it should be marked as satisified. An IVA is not a CCJ.

Worth being upfront and honest with a letting agent as some of our other posters have been and it's not always doom and gloom and with your partner having a good record that will go in your favour. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

garryhucker

Post by garryhucker » Tue May 08, 2012 1:20 pm
thank you for the reply.

The IVA on my report already states satisfied. Will they take this into account when referencing me?

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm
Hi Garry welcome to the forum. I agree with Lesley - be up front and show them the report if you have a copy of it so you can prove it has been satisifed. It will show the agent you have nothing to hide and your money worries are behind you. As it istill on your credit record, there indicating a problem with finances in the last few years they may ask you for a higher deposit or a guarantor so be prepared for that.

Hope you get something sorted asap and best of luck with the move.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm
I think to do as Tina suggests is excellent advice. Just be upfront and honest, others have done it and I'm sure you'll be able to too. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue May 08, 2012 10:47 pm
Upfront conversation and a copy of your completion certificate should be sufficient to get you moved in on the 19th!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “renting”