Old Telly Programmes

42 posts Page 3 of 3

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 08, 2009 9:25 am
I've got Goodnight Mr Tom on DVD and I could watch it over and over again. I don't normally cry at films (unless it involves animals!) but that does make me cry.

I used to love Bread with the original cast, but when Joey and Aveline changed it wasn't as good.

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Fri May 08, 2009 10:00 am
I like Dixon of Dock Green and No Hiding Place [:D][:D]
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

flow13

Post by flow13 » Fri May 08, 2009 10:45 am
Skippy I agree. I don't like it when the characters change.

I tell you what I loved - Bless this House! That made me laugh!
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Fri May 08, 2009 4:19 pm
Knight Rider & the A team!!! I loved them growing up!! I always wanted the car & to be in the A Team!
Loved Friends & would never miss an episode!! Want the box set as i can still watch them n laugh over n over!
Loved, Only fools n horses, One foot in the Grave, Men behaving Badly, Faulty Towers!!! Bread, Porridge, French n Saunders... list goes on forever!!
I never found benny hill funny or any of the carry on films either. or Dads Army n hated last of the summer wine.

Jan my mother in law LOVES Martin Shaw!!! N always has done - she watches everything he is. Goodness knows what she would do to him if she ever met him!!!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Fri May 08, 2009 4:22 pm
Sorry just remembered another one n it was driving me mad trying to think of the name!!
Open all Hours!! - used to sit n watch it with my Dad x
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:08 pm
I have to say that I have never heard of Goodbye Mr Tom!

Wizzz - I used to like Dixon of Dock Green as well, and Z cars. Never liked No Hiding Place though.

I loved Tony Hancock as well in Hancocks half hour. Harry Worth as well (there's probably only me and Wizzz who remember that!).

Morecome and Wise and The Two Ronnies.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:14 pm
Isn't Good Night Mr Tom a film?
I love the post office scene in The Full Monty.I'm chuckling just imagining them starting to dance whilst waiting to get thier dole!
Cat [:D]
But talking about sad films! Hasd anyone seen Marly and Me.I couldn't stop crying for hours! ( I do have a yellow lab)

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Fri May 08, 2009 5:19 pm
I have not seen the film but please make the effort to Read the book Marley & Me it will make you howl with laughter cry tears of joy & sorrow.
I could not put it down & wont part with it either.

I have heard the film isnt quite true to the real story & the book out weighs the film by miles x

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri May 08, 2009 5:20 pm
Too slushy for me - don't do anything like that at all either in films or books!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri May 08, 2009 6:02 pm
I wouldn't go and see Marley and Me as I know I would cry, and I don't like films like that!

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat May 09, 2009 3:44 pm
Goodnight Mr Tom is a classic, so sad at times though[:(]...Haven't seen Marley & Me though yet!!...

Jan, I used to love watching Martin Shaw and Lewis Collins in The professionals as well...I briefly remember,in my late teens watching or was it drooling[:p] over Lewis in that comedy The Cuckoo Waltz(1978-80's)[:I]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:07 pm
Never liked him in the Cuckoo Waltz - but he was fit in The Professionals!
Bob Marley.
42 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “friends corner”