on line banking

6 posts Page 1 of 1

shucky12

Post by shucky12 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:59 pm
i am currently in the process of having an IVA agreed(21/07/08)one of my debtors is barclaycard. I have a barclays current account (just debit card)with on line banking but apparently my online banking has been stopped/suspended is this normal.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 pm
Hi Shucky12 and welcome to the forum.

I was with Barclays with a current account, cheque book etc. They were one of my creditors and even though I have all of 45p in the account, it is still open and I can still access my online banking. Whether that is because it is a joint account and Barclaycard aren't one of hubbies, I don't know.

I would phone the bank and check with them
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:04 pm
Welcome to the forum shucky12, you should have opened an account that isn't connected to ANY of your creditors, I'm really surprised that your IP did not tell you to do this. Don't panic, an expert will be along to advise you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

shucky12

Post by shucky12 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:24 pm
hi viki - this account was already open ive had it for over 20 years

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 pm
Doesn't matter though Shucky. You should open another account with a bank who is not one of your creditors and get all you dd's and salary etc paid into that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

pixie

Post by pixie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:12 pm
Hi Shucky, welcome to the forum and good luck for monday.
You need to open a new account not connected to any creditors as a priority. If your account is suspended you don't want your wages being paid in!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bank accounts and credit cards”