One year review asking for 465 within a month

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
14 posts Page 1 of 1

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:32 pm
Hi
First time posting and not sure if already answered anywhere sorry for lengthy post.
Iva started Oct 17. Completed jan 18. 2 wages took into account and was paying 130 a month.
I had to move out quickly due to severe relationship breakdown. Myself and 3 kids. We moved out Feb 18. All bills changed. Less money coming in etc. I worked extra 250 a month HOWEVER general incomings are still down by 480 a month. Outgoing down by about 400 a month. I asked them to reduce payments to 80 and notified them of my change of address. I don't mind paying 130 Tbh but thought if we now have less incomings we could lessen the payment. They have sent 3 letters to my abusive ex address when I have told them of my new address and words have been exchanged! surely this should be a breach of data protection? Also they say because I earned 250 extra a month Then I should have been paying more and I owe 465 and need to pay it in a month to avoid a cancellation of the iva. How can this be? I'm down 480 a month even after earning an extra 250 a month so surely the payments should have been less and I had been paying 130pm without fail? It looks like they have just looked at my wages and not at the loss of a 2nd wage into the house. I don't understand it and don't know what to say when I ring them on Monday to complain about the letters being sent to the wrong address

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:33 pm
And how is someone on an iva meant to find a lump sum? I don't know what to do?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Without convening a fresh creditors meeting the IP would only be able to reduce your payment to £110.50 and this has to be agreed in advance, otherwise any shortfall would be considered arrears. What you need to do is ask to speak to your IP directly to explain the situation and to request a completely fresh I&E, based on your new circumstances. A payment of £80 will be barely enough to support an IVA, so expect it to be above that. Also ask that the current arrears either be reconsidered in light of your change of circumstances and / or that the "arrears" are dealt with by way of an extension on the IVA term.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:47 pm
They have suggested 111 a month. I don't even mind paying the 130 pm tbh but I don't understand with the loss of incomings even with extra wages why they would say I owe 465 when it's quite obvious there is less money coming into the home now. I didn't tell them because it was a overall downturn but still continued to pay the higher amount so thought i was doing right by them

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:51 pm
I will call them on Monday and ask them to look over my budget I sent in on the annual review which show the drop of Incomings and ask to explain why the payments would rise
Thanks for the advice

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:53 pm
WarehouseDonna wrote:
They have suggested 111 a month. I don't even mind paying the 130 pm tbh but I don't understand with the loss of incomings even with extra wages why they would say I owe 465 when it's quite obvious there is less money coming into the home now. I didn't tell them because it was a overall downturn but still continued to pay the higher amount so thought i was doing right by them
Ah ... you didn't tell them about the downturn and all they saw was the extra income ! You need to tell them about everything that affects your finances, in whichever direction.

Might I ask who you are with ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:56 pm
This is all new to me. I've never been in a situation like it before and just want it all to be gone! I thought I was doing ok by having less coming and still paying more than what I should as I actually am horrified I owe people money :-( And was making payments fine.
So yes my wage has went up but it is now the only wage. I've lost his wage so have cut the cloths we can, I've earned some more by going full time but they say I should have paid an extra 465 last year and I don't understand that part? It's with step change

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:59 pm
I did put all this on a new budgeting form and also explained it all in a covering letter at the review end of Jan 19 but I can only assume they have missed it saying 1 wage? I don't have the correspondence. This is what has been conveyed to me by my ex who has opened my mail worried for his owned home when he sees a debt letter in my name. And this has opened up a whole can of worms I don't need

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:24 pm
WarehouseDonna wrote:
I did put all this on a new budgeting form and also explained it all in a covering letter at the review end of Jan 19 but I can only assume they have missed it saying 1 wage? I don't have the correspondence. This is what has been conveyed to me by my ex who has opened my mail worried for his owned home when he sees a debt letter in my name. And this has opened up a whole can of worms I don't need
Your exes wage didn't form part of your payment directly --- they needed to know that to work out his share of household expenses when you started the IVA. You really need to chat with them to make sure they understand that you need to start the I&E from scratch as everything has changed.

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:34 pm
I understand that.
I sent in a completely new I&E form with a covering letter explaining all changes. Showing all drops of incomings and outgoinga despite a wage rise and they atill say i owe 465.
Yes his outgoings were figured into the original budget. Ie he was a taxi driver. They asked what his insurance was for the car and that was put into the original budget even though I told them it was his payment per month not mine. They have acknowledged that I don't pay that any longer from the new budget sheet. They took into account his son paying him board money as an incoming on original budget. I told them it was not mine. They weren't bothered. Still went on. I'm not sure how they can pick and choose when some things are joint or not?
So now. As I said my income has risen. My incomings have dropped. Would you say it was normal to ask for more when there is a drop of total incomings or have they got it wrong? They have said I owe 465 from the new I&E form as my wages rise wasn't declared. I understand that. But I still have a 480 a month shortfall overall so am not sure how that equates to owing money? Surely they can see this?
I will call them Monday and try and sort it out. Thanks for your help

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:03 pm
Do you have access to your original proposal to look something up ? A permanent pay rise isn't usually taken into account until after the review following the rise --- see if you have that clause .

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:26 pm
Its in a box somewhere after the move. I will check it out. Thanks
I remember they said if it went above 1100 I should tell them. It did. I didn't tell them. But honestly. This was because I had the incomings shortfall overall ( as explained) and thought they would drop my payments and i didn't want the payments to drop. I thought I was doing the debtors a favour in total honesty. I was out of pocket. My error totally. I get that now. But I don't understand why it isn't all balanced out and taken into consideration!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:00 pm
It can be sorted - contact your IP direct and seek a full review of your income and expenditure.

Am sure it can be resolved.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

WarehouseDonna

Post by WarehouseDonna » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:09 pm
luluj wrote:
It can be sorted - contact your IP direct and seek a full review of your income and expenditure.

Am sure it can be resolved.
Thank you. I will be ringing tomorrow. To complain about letters going to the wrong address and to get the lowdown on exactly what they say. I will tell them I want them to reevaluate the whole of the new I&E form I sent in as there have been big changes in money into the home. And ask them if in lieu of that can they reevaluate also the money they say I need to pay in. Or I can ask if they can keep it at 130 to pay some off? I am due another pay rise in April so I will be sure to let them know of that when it happens also
Thanks again
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”