only 12 payments to go

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 pm
Hi All

I now only have 12 IVA payments to go I can't believe that I have paid 48 already. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel which 4 years ago seemed very dark and long. I can't believe that the time has gone so quickly at times of course it has been hard but the relief of getting my debt sorted has been great.

So take heed anyone starting an IVA there is an end.

Janet

PS also car nearly passed MOT today need to replace the windscreen because of a very small chip but no megga MOT bill.
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Ladyh Well done as well. When I said quick I don't mean the time has flown by as there have been some dark times and lots of tears but it hasn't dragged as much as I thought it would when I was told I would have to pay for 5 years I didn't think it would end. And like you I will glad this time next year and the last payment has been made.

I now get a kick out of saving money even if it is a few pence and I have surprised my self how much stuff I no longer need that I thought was essential. I don't miss credit cards and will never have another one just too dangerous for me.I also keep a firm hand on my money even down to writing what I spend in a little note book so I know exactly how much money I have doing that is second nature so I am sure i will continue to do that. I have learnt so much about handling money. So in some ways for me it has been a positive experience but also a deeply shameful one as well.

Jan

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:40 pm
It must be an absolutely brilliant feeling knowing that you are in the last year of an IVA, and that this time next year it will be all behind you.

What are you going to spend the saved money on first ladies?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:42 pm
Brilliant news for both of you! Good luck for the next 12 months. The light at the end of the tunnel must be very bright now!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 pm
Don't forget that storm chasing holiday ladyh!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:18 pm
You might have a bit of a problem there!
Bob Marley.

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:56 am
Well done both of you......nearly there now xxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

waggers

Post by waggers » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 am
Indeed well done.

I now have just 24 payments left I really felt a big turning point for myself was getting passed halfway as the amount of payments left to make is less than those you have already made.

flow13

Post by flow13 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 am
Well done. It must be a wonderful feeling. We have just over 2 years left and I am feeling a sense of acheivment getting this far. So what it must feel like to be 12 months away - well this time next year I will be nearly there myself! xxx
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am
Well Done[:D]

It must be amazing to be at that stage of your iva and literally counting down the months[:D]

You must also feel a great sense of achievement and satisfaction also and I can't wait to get to that stage and feel the same[8D]

Emma
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:21 pm
What will I spend the money on?? I think for a couple of months I will go bit spending crazy but only with cash. Then I will start a savings account something i have never really had and a contingency fund so any nasty surprises won't send me in a panic. But I think just going shopping and buying what looks good in the supermarket rather buying just what we need will be great. One thing I do know is that i will never ever spend money that is not mine.

Just think every payment is one nearer to the end and freedom.

Jan
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”