Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:31 pm
Hi
You will be fine,trust me
Regards
Andam Davies

cherrypink

Post by cherrypink » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:39 pm
Thanks Andy. It is a current account they gave me (cos the man said my rating was fine, if it wasn't his system would downgrade me to a cash account) - no overdraft obviously or any credit.

whichwaynow

Post by whichwaynow » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:41 pm
Have to say so far I cannot fault the Abbey. I applied to both the Co-op and the Abbey. The Co-op offered me a basic cash minder account and the Abbey offered me a current account with a Electron Debit card and cheque book. They also gave me a small (not that I am going to use it) overdraft. I was told that if I ran the account well for the next 6 months they would upgrade the account to a Visa debit card. Early days but it looks hopeful.
IVA completed

kaybb71

Post by kaybb71 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:57 pm
I just went to HSBC today to see if I can reclaim or stop a charge that's coming out this month because I went overdrawn (first time since I've been in an IVA), and they claimed that they didn't know that I was in an IVA. But that's because they're not one of my creditors.

I'm really scared now that they're going to close my account. I also have my name on a joint account with my sister in which I don't own any of the money that's in there, and my family don't know about my IVA, so I'm even more worried that that would also be affected!

Anyone know of HSBC's 'procedures'? The lady who dealt with me didn't seem to know anything and had to go and talk to a manager, and said she'll ring me back tomorrow. She just said that normally people in bankruptsy situations, they close accounts, and that she didn't know about those in IVAs. Any advice?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:02 pm
HSBC do normally close the accounts of people in IVA's as well, so I would expect them to do that.

If co-op weren't one of your creditors, I would try and open an account with them as soon as possible, they are sympathetic to people in IVA's.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
65 posts Page 5 of 5
Return to “postings for june”