OR CALL

12 posts Page 1 of 1

jayrob

Post by jayrob » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:21 am
Well we were on the phone for 2 hours !!!
So many questions what did you spend that on in 1999,to put it in a nutshell she is phoning later this week to let us know about the car but thinks it may be exempt but I will believe it when I see it don't know why she said what she did the other day then mayber she has been put right. She is also sending paperwork back for me to put what we did and why next to and if I don't remember then just say it.
She thought that also rob would only be bankrupt for a year. Also I have to send in robs life insurance policies and buy them back for £50 each what a joke that is.
I have a thumping head cold but feel a little relieved will be 100% when I find out about the car.
Thanks again guys
jayne and rob xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 am
Hi Jayne,

It does seem very complicated to do br. At least you are on the road to sorting it out finally, and it is looking positive for keeping your car.

Why do you have to give them the policies and then buy them back? Can't quite get my head round that.

Hope you get the answer you want when they phone back.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

jayrob

Post by jayrob » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:05 pm
i have no idea if the policies had a surrender value they would cash them in
but if not you have to buy them back

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 pm
I think that is bad. What happens if the unthinkable happens and you have no policies to fall back on? I'm sure it won't though and if it is only going to last for 12 months, it will fly by.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:15 pm
I thought that if you were buying them back then they were still yours, and if something terrible did happen you could claim on the policy?

jayrob

Post by jayrob » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 pm
yes what skippy has said is right, sorry i didn't explain it properly. If they were worth anything (which they are not) they would cash them in, as they are not then i have to purchase them back from the or for £50 each.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:24 pm
I had a similar thing with my premium bonds (all £12 of them!) - I had to buy them back from the OR if I wanted to keep them, which I did as they had sentimental value.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 pm
We both had our life policies claimed by our OR, the redemption figure was £500+ each, we were asked if we wanted to buy them back. We also had an ISA which we cashed in a few yrs back but there was around £18 left, she claimed that. Be pleased that you are getting it sorted and that, after 12mths, you should have your life back, without the debt.
xxx
It's nice to be back......

jayrob

Post by jayrob » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 pm
yes i am pleased chris just waiting for the result with the car
feel numb really
thanks again guys

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:41 pm
Our OR said that she would have to see her manager as to whether we could keep the car, we heard nothing for nearly 2mth then got a letter just saying it was exempt. Try not to worry, things are looking positive, it seems as if she got it mega wrong the other day and has been corrected. It may be her way of backing down on it without obviously backing down, if you follow me?
xxx
It's nice to be back......

lily

Post by lily » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:49 pm
Awww Jayne

Its a shame you had this two hour thingy and stil dont know the most important outcome. I do feel for you and how you worried but knew it had to happen and still you do not know. On the plus side it wasnt a no, re the car.

Chris is probably right about the backing down thing, still its not very fair to you hanging around. The OR should grow a backbone and admit she was wrong and tell you. It cant be as important to her as it is to you.

Thoughts are with you and will keep everything crossed.

Love
lily

pippa

Post by pippa » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:33 pm
Hi

Just to let you know if the insurance policies have no cash in value then you do not need to 'buy back' the policy you also have the option to cancel your existing policies and start new ones and this was exactly what I did. The OR should confirm this issue in writing to you.
Obviously you need to check what type of policy you have but if has no cash in value and you are short of dosh it may help you at this time.

Pippa
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”