OR Interview - I&E

52 posts Page 4 of 4

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:34 pm
The relief when I got my OR interview over and done with was amazing! I'm just looking forward to 29th March 2008 as I will be bankrupt no more!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:41 pm
That'll be here sooner than you know it Skippy!!!

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:21 pm
Oh, its not good news that an IPA could take up to 3 months to be decided!!!!

I really need to know soon, as our HP cars will going any day now as soon as Skoda finds out we are bankrupt, its in the contract that they will repossess them.

If we are not going to be able to have a car, we need to make some tough choices, such as

Do we try and move nearer the school and a main bus route? This would be difficult as we have no deposit, no credit rating and the cats, we had a struggle just getting this house we are in now!

OR

Do we just stay here, husband gives his job up and goes on benefits and we just struggle on to get kids to school, college, shopping etc???

katy

Post by katy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:24 pm
Jane is there anyone who could buy you a cheap but reasonable banger, who you could pay back as and when you can? Such as family etc

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:43 pm
Yes, that’s the plan we put to the OR.. A family member would fund a cheap car, about £500, but it’s the running costs I don’t think he wants to allow. We would need petrol, tax, insurance, maintenance, etc out of our monthly budget.

He already thinks our shopping budget is high (its not) so if he cuts that too, there is no way we could scrimp out of that to fund the running costs of a car.

I have seen a little car today for £500 that is really cheap to run, hubby wants to get it now but I said no, what if we cannot afford to run it????

michelle.l

Post by michelle.l » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:38 pm
Jane are you sure they wont allow you running costs our OR Assistant said they would allow £200.00 travel costs (petrol and public transport)...I had only put £120.00 that's what we spend on petrol!!!

Also a friend of mine was overpaid tax credits anout 3 years ago so has never received any money from that day to this...she should be getting £40.00 a month, anyway she rung the tax credit people and they said she can appeal against this as it was no fault of her own she was overpaid...they said worst case scenerio is that she still wont get any money until it is paid off, but she well may get back payments for the 3 years as she has received nothing or they may just start paying her the £40.00 again!

I would say is was worth a try!!!

Michelle xx

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:45 pm
Thanks for sharing the information with us Sam ... I can base my allowances then on yours being in a similar position ... without the hammies but with a dog ... I wonder how many hammies = a dog?!!!

Debbie
Debbie
52 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “meeting the OR”