OR interview will we be seen together

11 posts Page 1 of 1

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 pm
We are about to go BR. Will the OR interview us together or separately?. Hubby is very anxious about it.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:50 pm
Hi there

If you are filing a debtor's petition, and you are not self-employed, it is unlikely that you will require a face to face meeting with the OR. These are usually conducted on the telephone, and it is highly likely that your and your husbands will be held on the same day.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sjw

Post by sjw » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:26 pm
hi, me and hubby filed on tuesday and we have got our telephone interview together next week , sue x

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:48 pm
Me and hubby filed at the same time on seperate petitions. The OR told my hubby when he was having his phone interview that if she could have got a room she would have seen us together. When I had my phone interview I said it was a pity that we had seperate interview as our finances were joint BUT she then told me that we had to have the interview seperate as we had filed seperate!!! Make sense of that.........
xx
It's nice to be back......

sjw

Post by sjw » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:56 pm
hi our petitions are separete bur still havin phone interview at same time. x

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:28 pm
yeah, I think we were just unlucky enough to get an inexperienced, freshly qualified, job's worth....
xx

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:46 pm
me and hubby had a face to face, it was to be 2 separate interviews, i was seen first for a couple of hours then my husband was next, but because he is dyslexic and they had most of the stuff off me they let me stay in on his interview.
kerri
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

wen

Post by wen » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:52 pm
We had to see the OR at their offices, and we had a general interview together (nothing on the record), and then interviewed separately. We were also asked similar questions too, as well as some in relation to our individual debts.
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

stuffed

Post by stuffed » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:39 am
Hi Melanie
We have not petitioned for our own BR. We have recently had a business which was sold to try and pay off the IR debt. We succeeded in getting the partnership winding up petition dismissed with the sale of the business, but we did not have enough to pay the bankuptcy debt, which was a larger sum. The judge has agreed to let us look at the accounts but our accountant wants £5,000 up front to bring them up to date and we cannot afford the money. We have paid off as much as we can but the funds have now dried up.
I am anxious about the interviews and would like a telephone interview but I don't think that will happen.
Should we spend the money and petition for our own BR before the hearing?
Will it make a difference to the outcome with the OR?
Thanks so much for your help, this forum has been a godsend and I am addicted to it!!!

wen

Post by wen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:16 am
If a creditor is going to make you bankrupt, then I wouldn't bother spending the money out to bankrupt yourself -- that won't make any difference to the OR.

As there is a business involved then I would have thought it is more than likely you will have to go and visit the OR.

Have a read of my blog and some others to see what happens with the BR process. As long as you didn't take on extra credit with no intention or no realistic likelihood of repaying, or done anything fraudulent, then there is no reason why the OR will be too harsh on you or hubby. This is life and things happen at the end of the day.
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:51 am
I'm with wen on letting them make you br, why spend your money when it's going to result in the same thing. It's likey you will have to attend a face to face meeting, but don't worry, I think this may well be easier than a phone one. You will have more opportunity to explain the situation to the OR.
xx
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “meeting the OR”