OR Telephone Meeting Today

103 posts Page 1 of 7

UPINSMOKE

Post by UPINSMOKE » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:09 am
Well the day has come have my OR meeting today at 11.30am. So nervous about it now. My main worry is I don't want to lose the car, valued at £800 which is not a lot these days. its only a Reliant Robin but it gets me from A to B very well. The only problem is that I do not need it for work, except for the odd occasion when I have to pop out to get the odd parts for my job. But do need it for shopping as the nearest shops are over a mile away, and also to run my daughter to her Friends and to her grandparents on a regular basis. Will I have to lose this or will they take it away.

Also since doing my I & E I have noticed since setting up direct debits for Electric that they are taking £50 a month but only allowed myself £40 each for electric and gas this gives me a short fall of £10 but am wondering if I have not allowed enough for the gas now.

I also have a thinkbanking account can I put their monthly fee of £12.50 down as outgoings as I did not add this to my I&E when sent to the OR.

Regards Mick
Last edited by UPINSMOKE on Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
( Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 am
Just mention these things to the examiner dealing with your case, and I am sure they will be sorted.

It is unlikely that you will be allowed the £12.50 charge for the banking, but if you feel that you want to keep this account you can pay it out of the surplus income the OR will allow you to keep.

And your car will be safe - so don't worry about that.

Good luck with the meeting and let us know how you get on.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sostressed

Post by sostressed » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:28 am
good luck, how are you feeling - I am at work at hubby is at home so sometime after 2 we should know something, all the best

coco

Post by coco » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:31 am
Hi Mick,

good luck with your interview, i would doubt very much that they would take the car ref the value, If you have forgotten to adds things etc, you can always requested a new income and expenditure form from the OR if you tell them over the phone. I think in most cases that have been on here it is very dependant on the OR on what will be allowed or how much which is silly really as some will allow this and others wont. All you can do is tell them the truth as what is cost etc and then maybe you could argue your case if they disagree. I still find my case strange as i was never questioned about my I & E and neither did i loose my car which is on HP and valued at approx 4k but she did state that they were not did not have to allow for the HP payments to be made as part of my I & E but she let me off. I have not heard a thing from the OR since my interview i have only 4 months left on my BR before i am discharged it has gone so quick.

Anyway good luck and let us know how you get on

view my blog http://coco.blogs.iva.co.uk
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:59 am
Good luck Mick, I'll be thinking about you, and please let us know how you get on.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:05 am
Good luck from me too
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

UPINSMOKE

Post by UPINSMOKE » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:47 pm
Well the interview is over, did not go too well at all. It seems that I could lose the car unless I can get a third party to buy it from me. I was told that I did not use it for work so would lose it.

They did not consider the use for shopping or getting my daughter the her grandparents or friends who live over 20 miles away.

I will now have to find someone to buy it back for me if I can.

Also they are looking to take some assets I have which includes My computer, digital camera, video camera, and golf clubs. These I thought they would not bother with at all.

I am still no wiser on what will happen now, I thought that at lease I would know where I stood after the interview. But I don't[V]

I also have to fill out another I&E form that they will be sending me, again I thought the one I sent them would be enough. How wrong I was thinking that.

I am really feeling down again, and an not certain about anything now.

Mick
Last edited by UPINSMOKE on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.)

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:12 pm
I'm sorry to hear that all did not go well Mick, I'm sure someone will be able to offer you some positive advice soon in respect of your interview. Chin up x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

tracy.h

Post by tracy.h » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:13 pm
Am so sorry Mick things didnt seem to go that well.
Im shocked that they may want to take your camera computer and golf clubs i soppose the car if you don't need it for work may have seemed like something you could live with out,harsh i know but the other stuff i havnt read any other posts that personal items have been taken i can understand you must feel awful.
Im sure others that have gone through the br process will be along soon to offer there advise and support.

Take care

Tracy

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:34 pm
I'm sorry things didn't go so well Mick. Like Tracy I haven't heard of things like cameras being taken - I didn't even declare mine as I classed it as household items. If you don't mind me asking are the camera, golf clubs or video camera particularly state of the art and expensive?

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

coco

Post by coco » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:41 pm
Wow that suprised me too,it seems to vary so much between OR's around the country. I was the same as skippy never included my camera etc as it seems worthless to recover these items they would not fetch much in an auction.

And as for the car it would cost more to recover and auction it

view my blog http://coco.blogs.iva.co.uk
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.

UPINSMOKE

Post by UPINSMOKE » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:54 pm
tracy.h wrote:

Am so sorry Mick things didn't seem to go that well.
I'm shocked that they may want to take your camera computer and golf clubs i suppose the car if you don't need it for work may have seemed like something you could live with out,harsh i know but the other stuff i havn't read any other posts that personal items have been taken i can understand you must feel awful.
I'm sure others that have gone through the BR process will be along soon to offer there advise and support.

Take care

Tracy
The loss of the video camera, computer,digital camera and golf clubs I could live with. But the car was the only means of me getting around for me and my daughter it actually worked out cheaper in the long run than any other forms of transport.

My worry now is getting shopping as the nearest supermarket is 1.5 to 2 miles away and no way to get a straight run by bus so for me to do a weekly shop would mean a taxi which would cost me around £10 I don't use that much in petrol in the car. And if you add up the other trips for those odd things like milk etc that you always run out of it would cost me more in the long run.

The total value of the video camera, computer,digital camera and golf clubs was my estimate at £530 but i am sure they would get less at auction. As for the Car ( Reliant Robin Three Wheeler) valued my estimate at £800 with no MOT.

I am at a loss on how the OR work on this seems that some OR's are more favorable then others.

UPINSMOKE

Post by UPINSMOKE » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:01 pm
Skippy13 wrote:

I'm sorry things didn't go so well Mick. Like Tracy I haven't heard of things like cameras being taken - I didn't even declare mine as I classed it as household items. If you don't mind me asking are the camera, golf clubs or video camera particularly state of the art and expensive?

I did not think they would bother either, but tried to be as honest as possible and listed them as assets with some value. Perhaps that's where I went wrong. Makes you wonder if honesty was the best policy.

Video camera 3 years old tape version.

Digital camera and lenses only bought this year

Golf clubs bought second hand last year but are good make (Ping)
Last edited by UPINSMOKE on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:09 pm
Sorry to hear that everything didn't go as well as you planned Mick, good on you for being honest, this is the best policy.

I am suprised that the OR asked you to give up these items, unless they think that you undervalued them, I wouldn't think that it would be worth selling them only to get c£1300.

Best Regards,
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

UPINSMOKE

Post by UPINSMOKE » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:43 pm
I have just had another phone call from the OR to let me know that they will require me to surrender the Car, Digital Camera, Golf Clubs, and Video Camera to there agents at some point. The only way I can keep them is to get a 3rd party to buy them back [:(][:(][:(]

So will have to decide what I can save if anything.[?][:(!]
Last edited by UPINSMOKE on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
103 posts Page 1 of 7
Return to “meeting the OR”