Order of events for full & final offer

14 posts Page 1 of 1

DaphneDebt

Post by DaphneDebt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:54 am
Hi - I'm new to the group and looking for some advice concerning the order of events and expected timescales for a F&F to be accepted/declined.

I am in month 48 of my IVA with Payplan. My contract for work ended at the end of June and I am currently unemployed.

I phoned Payplan and have verbally stated I want to proceed with a F&F from my mother. My mum has also written to Payplan to inform of her offer to close on my behalf. I have £4,600 outstanding and my mum wishes to offer £4,000.

Could someone advise on the process and the timescales I can expect for each element pls?

Payplan have informed me it will take two weeks for the IP to decide if the offer is worthwhile. If it is worthwhile where does it go from here?

Thanks in anticipation x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:52 am
Hi -- the complication here is that predicting timescales with Payplan is impossible, as they work to their own, unique and painfully slow, timetable.

Usually the process is that the IP will draft a variation within 21 days, which then goes to creditors with a 28 day period of notice for the meeting to be held. So the process usually takes around 2 months, sometimes three. Payplan, in recent times, seem to be taking up to 6 months.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

DaphneDebt

Post by DaphneDebt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:05 am
Thanks for replying Foggy.

That timescale is ridiculous! I'm currently waiting to hear if they think I have an offer worth pursuing, do you think I should submit my letter of intent without this internal permission?

Feeling very frustrated :|

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am
DaphneDebt wrote:
Thanks for replying Foggy.

That timescale is ridiculous! I'm currently waiting to hear if they think I have an offer worth pursuing, do you think I should submit my letter of intent without this internal permission?

Feeling very frustrated :|

Only your IP can put forward any offer to your creditors. One, slender, straw of hope to cling to is that we generally hear only the bad news on the forum. Your proposal might get through faster than of late.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

DaphneDebt

Post by DaphneDebt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:19 am
Thanks - I'll wait my turn :roll:

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:34 pm
If the offer has been submitted in writing the IP must call a meeting within 21 days in line with the terms and conditions. Send an email directly to the IP and if you are still not happy you could make a complaint.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

DaphneDebt

Post by DaphneDebt » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:15 pm
Thanks Michael!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 pm
Should be about 6 weeks from putting offer to IP to date of creditors meeting/answer.

How are you getting on?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

DaphneDebt

Post by DaphneDebt » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Should be about 6 weeks from putting offer to IP to date of creditors meeting/answer.

How are you getting on?
Hi Lisa,

My mum put her offer in writing about a week ago. I uploaded all documents requested 2 working days ago.

I've not had any confirmation from Payplan on receipt of these docs. I have my yearly appraisal on Wednesday but not sure if they'll have anything more to tell me at this stage.

Payplan keep telling me it'll take anywhere between 3mths - 6 mths to get a decision. I'm curious as to what the f&f proposal forwarded to creditors consists of? I'm guessing it's a standard template with specific details inserted?

thanks x

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:41 pm
Hi Daphne

They are fobbing you off!

They have a DUTY to call the variation meeting within 21 days, giving at least 14 days notice of the meeting and so as long as the meting is not adjourned and there is nothing further they need from you you should have your answer by the end of August...!

It will be a report from your IP explaining the offer and comparing the outcome to the original estimated dividend so that creditors can make an informed decision whether your offer is attractive enough to accept.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

DaphneDebt

Post by DaphneDebt » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:46 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Hi Daphne

They are fobbing you off!

They have a DUTY to call the variation meeting within 21 days, giving at least 14 days notice of the meeting and so as long as the meting is not adjourned and there is nothing further they need from you you should have your answer by the end of August...!

It will be a report from your IP explaining the offer and comparing the outcome to the original estimated dividend so that creditors can make an informed decision whether your offer is attractive enough to accept.

Thanks Lisa :D

NickiJB

Post by NickiJB » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:51 pm
We too are with payplan. Placed our full and final offer (2 and half years into IVA) in February and still waiting for a creditors meeting to be called. It has taken six months and still no meeting. If they reject it will now have extended our IVA term by six months. The stress and frustration is now taking its toll on both of us.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am
NickiJB wrote:
We too are with payplan. Placed our full and final offer (2 and half years into IVA) in February and still waiting for a creditors meeting to be called. It has taken six months and still no meeting. If they reject it will now have extended our IVA term by six months. The stress and frustration is now taking its toll on both of us.

I can understand why you would not want to "rock the boat" with a formal complaint to their regulators while your variation is ongoing, but would strongly suggest following this up afterwards. This has become the norm for Payplan and is beyond ridiculous!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 am
I would send them a polite written reminder that it is your understanding that they are bound to call the variation meeting within 21 days...
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”