OR's

6 posts Page 1 of 1

katy

Post by katy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:52 pm
Hello, I hope everyone is well. Well, after going bankrupt two months ago we have finally sorted the monthly payments to the OR, it will be 60 pounds per month which is fine. However, apparently myself and my husband are being dealt with by separate clerks, is this the norm? The lady dealing with my husband said it was most odd that we weren't being dealt with together and didn't even know I was bankrupt!
I hope they don't think they are going to get separate payments from us as well, I don't even have a job.

Has anyone else had this? Or should we demand to have the same clerk looking after us? When we had the original interviews we had the same man, who dealt with us as a couple and has now passed us on.

(Sorry posted this in the wrong bit before)

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:59 pm
Hi Katy, did the OR who did the original interview tell you that you would be paying an IPA of £60? Or have you had correspondence since your OR interview and if so did you and your husband receive separate letters or joint letters? What was your disposable income after he had worked out your I&E? I would have thought that the £60 would represent the total IPA, but may be best to ring the OR to double check.

katy

Post by katy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:16 pm
Hi there, the I and E was joint on our petition. My husband received the letter for the 60 pounds last week addressed to just him. I have to send some more details to my OR clerk but I cannot think that they would demand money from me I am dependant on my husband and they should know that, the previous OR did. So confusing, why they have to keep chopping and changing and then not bothering to tell us things I don't know.

BrassicLintus

Post by BrassicLintus » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:27 pm
Hi Katy, it looks like the £60 is your husbands IPA, as he is the one earning a salary. As you are not working they wouldn't expect you to pay an IPA. I too am having soooo much fun with my case officer regarding my IPA!!!!! Just when you think it's all over..........

katy

Post by katy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:32 pm
Indeed Brassic! I'm pretty sure too it's just my husbands IPA but I read the trouble Jane had with her OR making her get benefits and the like and it worried me they'd try and do the same to me. We are a married couple, we share all the incomings you would have thought they would have worked this out. Hope yours gets sorted soon too.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:00 pm
Whilst it is unusual to have husband and wife dealt with by separate examiners, there is nothing wrong with ahving separate ones. And IPAs are for individuals rather than couples - so this is in your husband's name and not yours. Presumably you did not get an IPA made in your estate.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for november”