outcome of meeting/who voted

3 posts Page 1 of 1

kal

Post by kal » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Hi,
Just had a long conversation with McCambridge Duffy - they were due to ring me about finalising it all, and as I hadn't heard I was getting a wee bit worried it was going to all fall apart.
Anyway they told me not to worry - the only sticking point was NR were fussing over the fees, and they were sorting that out, but it wasn't going to affect the outcome - it was accepted and that was final!
I asked her who had voted and she told me that of all those that voted, they all said yes!
That is NR, Halifax, Alliance & Leicester, Nationwide, Barclays, First Direct.
Those that didn;t vote were the little ones - Freeman, Littlewoods, GE Capital.
I think that goes to show that alot of these 'big' companies are in favour of IVA's and I hope it gives hope to any of you that ar waiting for their meeting etc.
I now will have a call on Monday to finalise stuff and then it's the start of a long, but I feel, rewarding journey for us!
k. x

kitty

Post by kitty » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:53 pm
Hi Kal,
Great news on your iva being accepted! Well done.
I'd agree that people's smaller creditors seem to sometimes vote no.
I guess they feel that they have nothing to lose if they're not owed too much...so I guess it's a good thing that the larger creditors are voting yes!
Anyway, I imagine you're feeling so relieved right now.
Although 5 years of living on a budget will have the odd tight month, it sure as hell beats the stress and worry (and feelings of harrasment) when you're pre iva!
Best of luck for the future.
Kitty x

vickir

Post by vickir » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 pm
My biggest creditor was Alliance and Leicester - they voted yes for me too,
Congrats Kal and good luck for the future x
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Voting results”