Over payments

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:48 am
First of all, many apologies for not being on the forum lately, you will understand from my post why.
Recently, I have had the opportunity to work a lot of overtime, this I have done willingly as our contingency was depleted due to necessary car repairs. I am sure I read on a thread somewhere, that the 50% payments go towards your final figure.
If this is the case, and I manage to get a lot of O/T over the next year, would my IVA finish earlier than expected, or, is the payment just taken regardless?
IVA completed April 2013

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:22 am
The overtime payments are on top of your usual payments - so the IVA would only end early if you were fortunate to be able to pay your creditors in full.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:37 am
Thanks Melanie, at the end of the day we still benefit by getting our share and it gives us that bit of breathing space to make life more bearable. Do you ever sleep?????
IVA completed April 2013

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 am
Hi BOT

Good to see you around again ... wouldn't it be nice if you build up a bit of a fund to offer and finish your IVA a bit earlier [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:12 am
Morning Debbie, hopefully that's our plan, it would be a great feeling to be able to make a F&F offer.

Just found a leak at the back of the built in kitchen units, god knows how long it's been there and what damage it's caused, best laid plans and all that!! [:(]
IVA completed April 2013
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”