overpaymment

9 posts Page 1 of 1

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:44 pm
goodevening all i havent been on for a while so would just like to say hi and im now 5 payments in and am so happy with how things are going, living on a budget, finding the best and cheapest days out and spending quality time together as a family without having to spend loads of cash!! but now i have just recieved a letter from tax credits to say i have been over paid by £5328!! and they want it back.....i have rang GT and asked if i can add it on to my iva as obviously this was accepted on june 17th they were very helpful and put my mind at rest and asked me to send the letter into them and they can either offset it against my iva or could possibly add it (which would be better) into my iva,i find myself not getting so stressed like i would have before about things and just wanted to say that there is always a solution to a problem without getting stressed about it even when your in an iva im just enjoying everyday without the hassle of people constanly calling demanding money/payment and when the postman comes 9 times out of 10 its not a red letter/final demand, lets hope it carrys on like this for the next 4 plus years, sorry if i waffle a bit im not that good putting my thoughts down into words [:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 pm
Hi Kyla,

Nice to see you again, hope you and your family are doing ok.

Not good about the tax credits but at least GT are being supportive and can get this sorted for you.

Waffle all you like - that's what the forum is here for.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:28 pm
Hi kyla - nice to hear from you. I hope they can include the overpayment in the IVA. We are making our 5th payment soon and I have to say it has flown by!

It's so nice not having phone calls every day and letters galore! In fact, I'm getting fed up with getting out of my car to open the post box (it's at the end of our drive) and it being empty, so now I only open it if I'm waiting for vouchers to arrive!!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 pm
Hi Kyla - you wouldn't believe how helpful and interesting your words are to others who are in need of help. Come on here and waffle anytime!

Glad you are feeling less stressed about everything , even when you are thrown shocks like this. I am sure GT will do all they can for you - having a company respond when you need help is key to a good relationship in an IVA to help things run smoothly.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Gareth.hs

Post by Gareth.hs » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:52 am
Kyla - you think that is waffling? I just re-read some of my posts and they are like war and peace. It is good to read other peoples waffles, sorry posts. Please keep them coming, hopefully not quite so shocking as your last one though lol.
Gareth

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:56 am
Lovely to hear how you have settled into life in an IVA - well done and stay focused.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:00 pm
That's some overpayment! I like your chilled state if mind - its inspiring for a worry wart like me! Good to see GT can help! x

kyla123x

Post by kyla123x » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:21 am
thankyou for your reponses yes it is a rather large overpayment,but hopefully will get it sorted will let everyone know .....on a different note british gas still wont give up sending nice threatening letters have asked them a number of times what part of 'im in an iva which you are one of my creditors and wont get any payment from me do you not understand oh and if you keep on passing the debt onto different companys that i say the same to i will be forced to report you for harassment lol and thankyou for the letter yes i will see you in court as maybe then you will get the message and a rather latrge bill for wasting their time.' [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:00 am
It's so annnoying isn't it? I always say to let them do their worst - you're protected by your IVA and they are the ones who are going to look totally stupid if they insist on taking you to court.

I'd take great delight in turning up just to see the expression on their solicitors face!!!!!!!!!1
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”