p off with the phone calls

19 posts Page 2 of 2

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:50 pm
I too had loads of harassment from Mercers/ Barclaycard, they threatened debt collectors, even did this up to 3 weeks after IVA accepted. Unfortunaetly they won't stop until they see IVA agreed in balck and white. I had to fax my copy of agreement and IP had to phone to stop harassemnt. They didn't vote on either my hubands or my IVA.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:43 pm
Barclaycard didn't vote at my creditors' meeting and they were very supportive during the process - they actually put my account on hold so I wouldn't get any phone calls! I don't understand why creditors are helpful to some people and horrible to others.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

markiboy

Post by markiboy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:04 pm
Hi, First thing is change your number it is free with BT. You say you are having nuisance calls. As mentioned if they are not balifs they have no powers, therefore if they do not go away you call the Police and state there may be a breach of the peace. It is arrestable and I am sure they will soon go once you call. Markiboy

gavin

Post by gavin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:16 pm
thanks i look in to that
markiboy wrote:

Hi, First thing is change your number it is free with BT. You say you are having nuisance calls. As mentioned if they are not balifs they have no powers, therefore if they do not go away you call the Police and state there may be a breach of the peace. It is arrestable and I am sure they will soon go once you call. Markiboy
Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”