Partner Redundancy

5 posts Page 1 of 1

bearcameron

Post by bearcameron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am
Hello,

I'm new, my wife is up redundancy, she work for the company for 13 year and is getting a good redundancy package nearly a month for every year.

My I IVA is with creditfix, and it I'm the only person name in the documents but it done on our household income, I'm right in say she would only get 6 month of the redundancy package and rest would go to my IVA? I'm only two months in make payments.

What would happen if she refuse to give me the money or refused to pay the IVA?

Plus if the company made her sell share would the be classed a windfall and would she have to pay this to the IVA as well.

Thank you
Bear

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:23 pm
When you say it was done on Household Income --- what do you mean ? Usually ( apart from Payplan) all they require the partners wage details for are to work out the fair share of expenses ...NOT for the partner to be paying towards youir debts.

Her finances are her business and she is within her rights to keep them to herself. She need tell Creditfix no more than she has alreeady done so. Her money is hers.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bearcameron

Post by bearcameron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:24 pm
Thank foggy for your reply

I been looking at my proposal and my documents which there only place it mentions my partner is on my Month Income & Expenditure report. and doesn't mention her in name at all and not link application

With her not having a incoming I'll will not be able to pay all household bills, But we were hope of course pay herself use her redundancy money. Would I even need to tell them of her job loss would it be something they will ask in they year review.

Thank
Bear

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:44 pm
They might ask the question to re-assess her fair share of expenses (otherwise they assume she will be paying half of the bills). She does not have to tell them --- indeed quite a few people go into an IVA without even telling their partners or involving them in any way !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bearcameron

Post by bearcameron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Thanks Foggy
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bonus, overtime, pay rises and windfalls”