Payday

9 posts Page 1 of 1

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:38 pm
I have decided that Payday (today for me) is definitely the hardest day of the month in an IVA. I am sure that most people - like me - end up scratching around for the money for a tin of beans for the last day or two of every month and then - BANG- your bank account is full up and there is that urge to splurge on the odd luxury or two!!! Then you are back on the road to a week of penury at the end of the next month again!!! I now always pop into Tescos at the start of the month and get some canned food in advance for my "poor" days leading up to next payday!!!!

Having said that - every month completed is a month nearer the final completion!!
Last edited by OPTIMIST12 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:40 pm
But perhaps it is better than having your salary all gobbled up with credit card repayments, leaving you with only credit cards to buy your food and petrol during the month!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:49 am
Absolutely correct!!!!

An IVA that is tough - but manageable - is a great way to make you relise that you NEVER want to get back on the slippery slope to indebtedness and credit stress again.

There was a great post from someone the other day wondering about how many people you see paying with credit cards in shops are actually "on the edge" of financial problems. I will never forget the horrible feeling of waiting to see if an ATM would approve yet ANOTHER cash advance I needed to pay off the mimimum payment on a different card. However boring the food may get on an IVA(!) it is worth it a million times over for knowing that those days are gone.

To anyone struggling - or in "debt denial" and still scared to take the plunge to sort out your finances - PLEASE make that first phone call today. Debts wont go away on their own. I never really expected that my IVA would be approved - but it was. And having a budget and a completion date to work towards now is SO much better than the endless strss that went before.

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:05 am
Thankyou for your advise, I am right at the start of looking at an IVA, and I feel much better knowing that I've admitted to having a debt problem, and I'm doing something about it. This is a fantastic forum, for encouragement, and I hope that I can get debt sorted like so many of you have

R1chard

Post by R1chard » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:50 am
this month is one of the very first ive had anything left in my back account at the end of for years.. abiet it was only £7.59p - but even so, i took out the last of it two days ago and norammly id be skint at the very best two weeks in.

makes such a difference to me when i say ive not got any money in my bank meaning its low, and not at the bottom of my overdraft.

58 PAYMENTS TO GO..
lots of payments to go.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:49 pm
Hi
I think the same when I see people buying food and goods on credit cards,or carrying bags of clothes from designer shops.......you can almost guarantee that it's paid for on credit.
I had to buy both my daughters coats at the weekend and obviously not having a credit card you tend to still focus on value for money.We brought both coats fron New Look but my youngest then saw a better coat in Primark,£12 cheaper so I had no problem in returning one of the coats back to New Look for a refund and buying the Primark Coat,afterall I'm spending MY money now.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

hallway

Post by hallway » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:49 pm
I fully agree life on an Iva is very hard,but the more organised you are the easier it becomes.Must admit feeling a little bit proud of myself this week, been in Iva for 8 months and have managed to grab every bit of overtime I could and saved the lot so this week I paid my 50% to Iva company and just about had enough left to buy an xbox 360 and a Wii for my 2 teenagers for xmas, sorry if I sound smug I dont mean to just so pleased that they can get what they want for xmas and even better still no credit card bills in january, it really is a whole new way of life.[:)][:)]

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:08 pm
Hallway -

I dont think you should feel smug or guilty about saving money from your overtime to buy a few extra things. Overtime is a win / win situation in an IVA insofar as both the Creditors and the Debtor benefit. Like you - I do as much as I can. BUT of course it is important to remember that overtime is not guaranteed. I dont have kids myself but can imagine how great it must be for you to get yours what they want at Christmas time.

And Good Luck to debbiw - hope your plans for an IVA go well.

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:51 pm
Well done Hallway you should be proud you managed to save and do this. It does show the value of doing overtime as it gives that bit extra for these types of things. We still do the overtime for this reason. Before the iva we had never managed to save a penny, all of it went to bills.

Ang

Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”