Payment break

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

laleanne1

Post by laleanne1 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:13 am
Just a quick question

Been struggling with paying the gas and electricity as like everyone else during the winter months. Had a letter from my supplier saying my payment plan will not clear the debt and they are wanting wanting full payment....nearly £700. My question would it be possible to take a payment break for two months before they take me to court and clear the debt before more fee are added....would this be deemed reasonable

Thanks
laleanne1

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 am
I think that would be ok but obviously you will need to run it past your IP first.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:27 am
As Kallis says, you need to run it by your IP, but most will be sympathetic. The break will be added back on to the end of the term. And, please, get agreement for the break in writing!
What I did with gas and electricity (and still do) was overpay during the summer months, which helped balance out the winter use.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”