Payment for IVA by someone else

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Fallenhero

Post by Fallenhero » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:45 pm
Hi just wonderin...if i lost my job or something came up which made my payment hard and i couldnt make payment to IVA...can someone else pay for me my monthly payment till i was back in work or able to pay..ie parent.so i wouldnt miss any payments into my IVA...as with today climate i hate to think if i lost my job and couldnt get one and with just 13 months left on IVA to have it fail..or would this be classed as a gift and need to be added to IVA as well as me making my normal payment..
Last edited by Fallenhero on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:51 pm
I'm pretty sure that is ok as long as the payments are made.

I would also explore the avenue of asking your IP to put forward a variation to see if your creditors would accept your payments to date as a full and final.

Did you have an equity release at all?

Hopefully it won't come to that.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Fallenhero

Post by Fallenhero » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 pm
i havnt got to the equity release part yet in my IVA..i was just wondering oh how payment by someone else would be seen by IP or creditors...as i say i hate to be so near to finish and for IVA to fail....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:30 pm
Personally I can't see a problem, but hopefully one of the experts will be along to advise.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 pm
I, like Jan can't see a problem but it might be worth running it by your IP and hopefully one of our professionals will be along to offer their expert advice too. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:55 am
As long as the payment is made it wouldnt be a problem. If you are that near the end though a good IP would more than likely go to creditors and ask them to accept payments to date and close the IVA.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”