PayPlan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
196 posts Page 1 of 14

ransonkate

Post by ransonkate » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 am
Hi...Has any one used PayPlan as their IP? If so how do you rate them. I have been paying them for just over 2 years now and apart from them requesting regular payslips I have not had that much contact with them. Just want to see if anyone else out there has good or bad experiences with them. They sent me a yearly statement recently and it shows very little of what I pay actually goes to my creditors....also they do not follow up the annual reviews when you send them your income and expediture.
Last edited by ransonkate on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 am
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I have been with Payplan for almost four years and have not had a lot of problems with them.

We've always had a letter after our annual review telling us that the payments haven't changed.

Have you signed up to Payplan plus? That will show you exactly how your IVA is running.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ransonkate

Post by ransonkate » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:34 am
Yes I have signed up but I find it never to be updated for my IVA. Example is my current budget is last years and not the one I sent through last September!
May I ask if you have had a change of case officer recently?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:35 am
We've had two in the last month!!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

ransonkate

Post by ransonkate » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:40 am
Very Strange.....I heard from a friend of mine who's sister works there that all is not well internally at PayPlan....For some reason there is a large turnover of staff and internal restructering. But she stopped short of telling anything else......

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:58 am
I thought it was odd as well - we've had a few changes but none as quick as this one.

All my email said was that there had been some restructuring.
Bob Marley.

ransonkate

Post by ransonkate » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm
Exactly.....I hope it does not impact the final end goal for us all.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 pm
There do seem to be a few recent policy changes there too, from what I can gather from other threads here and elsewhere. Maybe they've had a "new broom" in Head Office.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:08 pm
I hope it doesn't either Kate - we're getting closer to the end and could do without all of these changes as our circumstances are currently undergoing some alteration so it would have been good to have some continuity.
Bob Marley.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:34 pm
I’ve been with PayPlan for over 4 years and probably had 3 or 4 different case workers in that time. It doesn’t bother me as the only verbal contact I’ve had with them is the annual review and a call in between just asking if everything is OK. The case officer doesn’t know you personally and any decisions outside of the standard conditions would be dealt with by the supervisor/IP.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:46 pm
It's never bothered me until now but with the problems I am trying to sort it's a pain having to keep explaining things again and again, especially when my last caseworker got hold of the wrong end of the stick initially.
Bob Marley.

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:56 pm
Jan, I take your point. I believe that you can never tell how good a company is until you have a problem to sort out with them. I have been very fortunate as, apart from a few issues with sorting out the extra 12 months in lieu of equity, (it felt like I was doing all the work and sometimes telling them what I had to do!), it has been relatively straight forward. It’s the living like a hermit in a tatty house, afraid of judgemental people knowing about the IVA etc, that is very hard, but that affects us all.

littlefi

Post by littlefi » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm
I've only been with payplan since June but I've found them pretty good, although I've self employed so I probably deal with a different department. So far no change of case worker I dread that as mine is really good and we get on well!
"It is never too late to be what you might have been"
Fiona

country girl

Post by country girl » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:11 pm
Hi

I am with Payplan. They were very good setting up my IVA and I have not had any real problem. However they do seem to have taken a much harder line lately. they have changed their policy regarding payrises which may mean there is a new broom. I have had several case officers.Don't like the sound of the internal problems.

I understand your feelings sinsible77 my Iva is a secret but it is very differcult I hate being mean(which is probaly how I ended up in this state along with everone else)! A lot of the people we know seem to be quite well off and it is hard. I usually say something like we are thinking about retirement which it not so far away for hubby. I have ended up with another 10 years to work but thats another story.

It can been very hard sometimes.
Linda

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 pm
I've had no real problems up till now but as circumstances have changed I've not found them easy to deal with recently.
Bob Marley.
196 posts Page 1 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”